Rev Andrew Baker
and Elizabeth Avent
Rev Andrew Baker (same as Andrew Baker) b 1749 Grayson Co., VA d 1815 Lee Co., VA buried Robert Clark's Cemetery, Lee Co., VA, s/o Andrew Baker Sr and Mary Polly Bolling. When they placed the marker on Rev. Andy's grave in Lee Co., VA they mentioned he was a PVT in Ruddle's Company. According to the "Andrew Baker and his descendants "book by Freida Sims Nelson", Rev. Andrew was a Whig Chaplin in the Revolution and the first settler of Grayson Co. Va. Andrew Baker m. Elizabeth Avent b 12 Sept 1753 Brunswick Co VA; d/o Peter Avent and Any Massey (Massie). Children of Rev Andrew Baker and Elizabeth Avent;
1. James Walter Baker b 27 Jan 1782 m. about 1797 to Elizabeth Shepherd b 1778 NC. James Baker left Elizabeth in 1820 in NC. After James left her, Elizabeth Shepherd m. (2nd) to William Milburn. Elizabeth is buried in the Benjamin Bolling Cemetery, Flat Gap, Wise Co., VA.
2. Solomon Baker b 13 Apr 1770 Wilkes Co NC d Harlan Co KY; m. Jane Privett.
3. William Baker
4. Martha Baker b 27 Oct 1791; m. 3 Apr 1806 Fox Creek Church, Grayson Co., VA to Eli Davis.
5. Jenny Baker
6. Andrew Baker b 18 Feb 1777; m. 11 Apr 1802 to Phoebe Collins.
7. Henry Baker b 14 Aug 1774 Washington Co VA d 1811 VA; m. 6 Sept 1794 to Mary Mercy Tilson.
8. Joseph Baker b 8 Apr 1779 VA.
9. John Baker b 16 Aug 1784 VA
10. Nancy Baker b 10 Jan 1787 VA; m. 3 Jun 1808 to Christopher Bolling.
11. Elijah Baker b 8 May 1789 VA