and Ada Sergent
Sherman Bentley b 10 Dec 1874 Letcher Co kY d 12 Feb 1920 Letcher Co KY,\; s/o William Riley Bentley and Lucinda Profitt. Sherman Bentley m; 28 Sep 1892 Letcher Co KY to Ada Sergent b 10 Jun 1872 d 18 Jun 1920 Millstone, Letcher Co KY; d/o David Andrew Sergent and Nancy Jane Bagwell. Both Ada and Sherman are buried Riley Bentley Cemetery, Deane, Letcher Co KY. Children of Sherman Bentley and Ada Sergent;
L-R: Willard Hall, Bertha Bentley Hall, Opal Hall Adams, Maggie Bentley Mason, Ollie Bentley Wright, Cindy Bentley Cook, John Buster Bentley, Edna Mae Bentley, and Willie D Bentley. Photo From Lori Winningham, Upper Millstone, Facebook, 19 June 2014, 4:17 PM.
1. Maggie Bentley b 7 Feb 1893 d 2 Aug 1971 Letcher Co KY; m. 1914 John Mason.
2. Bertha Bentley b 2 Sept 1897 d 3 July 1985 IN; m. 1915 Willard Hall. Child of Willard Hall and Bertha Bentley; i. Opal Hall; m. Male Adams.
3. Vince Bentley b Nov 1899 d 18 Sept 1901 Letcher Co KY.
4. Ollie Bentley b 24 Dec 1901; m. 18 Sept 1917 Samuel "Sam" Wright. Children of Samuel "Sam" Wright and Ollie Bentley;
I. Margaret Jean Wright b about 1927 d 27 Feb 2011 Letcher Manor Nursing Home, Letcher Co KY; buried Riley Bentley Cemetery, Deane KY; m. Cecil Martin. Children of Cecil Martin and Margaret Jean Wright;
i. Kay Martin; m. Cleve Collier
ii. Shirley Martin; m. Larry Bentley
iii. Shelia Martin; m. Larry Arnett
iv. Cecilia Lynn Martin; m. Jeff Bates
II. Jack Wright
III. June Martin
5. Cindy Bentley b 17 April 1906 d 8 April 1989 Letcher Co KY; m. July 1923 to Marion Cook.
6. Edna Mae Bentley b 27 Sept 1908 Millstone, Letcher Co KY d 3 Mar 2008 at the Masonic Home, Louisville, Jefferson Co KY, age 99 years; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; m. 21 Oct 1923 Willie D Bentley b 3 Mar 1906 Letcher Co KY d 1977 buried Green Acres Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; s/o Otho Bentley and Sadie Collier.
7. John Buster Bentley b 1911; m. Eula Mae Cuddy.
8. Arthur "Sonny" Bentley b 1 May 1918; m. Female Suzuki.
Obituary: Margaret Jean Martin
1927 - 27 Feb 2011
February 27, 2011 - Margaret Jean Martin, 84, of Democrat passed away Sunday, February 27, 2011 at the Letcher Manor Nursing Home. Jean was the daughter of the late Sam and Ollie Bentley Wright. She was the widow of Cecil Martin. Surviving are 4 daughters: Kay (Cleve) Collier of Van, Shirley (Larry) Bentley of Democrat, Shelia (Larry) Arnett of Morehead, and Cecilia Lynn (Jeff) Bates of Colson; 1 brother: Jack Wright of Lafollette; 1 sister: June Martin of Liberty; 10 grandchildren: Amy (Johnnie) Davidson, Andrea (Shad) Owens, Stephanie (Ross) Brown, Ashley Bentley, Brandy (Toby) Coyle, Brett Arnett, Brooke Arnett, Blake Cecil Arnett, Jason Bates, and Mandi (Kerry) Bailey; 6 great grandchildren: Emma Davidson, Andrew Owens, Ella Owens, Sadie Bates, Josie Bates, and Irie-Jean Bailey. Funeral: 2:00 O'clock P.M. Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at the Letcher Funeral Home Chapel with Bill Craft and Harold Dean Kincer officiating. Visitation: 6:00 P.M. Tuesday at the Letcher Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in the Riley Bentley Cemetery at Deane, Kentucky.