William Sherman Bentley
and Laura Belle Bentley
William Sherman Bentley b 16 Feb 1891 KY d 12 Jan 1958 Letitia, Greenup Co KY; buried Nippert Cemetery, Sunshine, Greenup Co KY; s/o Benjamin Bentley and Rebecca Holcomb. William Sherman Bentley m. 22 Nov 1910 to Laura Belle Bentley b 11 Aug 1896 KY d 12 Dec 1993 South Shore, Greenup Co KY; buried Nippert Cemetery, Sunshine, Greenup Co KY; d/o John Martin Bentley and Malinda Addington. Children of William Sherman Bentley and Laura Belle Bentley;
1. William Wesley Bentley b 24 Oct 1911 Letitia, Greenup Co KY d 29 Mar 2005 at home, South Shore, Greenup Co KY; buried Mt Zion Methodist Church Cemetery, South Shore, Greenup Co KY; m. 7 Sept 1929 Greenup Co KY to Carrie C Wolfenbarger b 18 May 1913 Crockett, Morgan Co KY d 30 Dec 2002 Portsmouth, Scioto Co OH Medical Center OH; buried Mt Zion Methodist Church Cemetery, South Shore, Greenup Co KY; d/o Charles Elbert Wolfenbarger and Nora Fyffe. William Wesley Bentley and Carrie Wolfenbarter were married for 73 years (according to his nephew, Howard Bentley, s/o Paul Eugene Bentley and Dorthy Roberts).
2. Elta Mae Bentley b 1914 d 1915 about 6 weeks of age.
3. Ollie Lee Bentley b 1 Feb 1916 Letitia, Greenup Co KY; m. 7 Sept 1935 Greenup Co KY to Russell Ratliff
4. Beulah Anne Bentley b 8 Feb 1918 Garrison, Lewis Co KY; m. 18 Dec 1939 Greenup Co KY to Curtis S Collier.
5. J Howard Hatfield Bentley b 10 Dec 1920 Letitia, Greenup Co KY; m. 8 Nov 1948 Greenup Co KY to Mildred Mullins
6. Elmer Roy Bentley b 28 Mar 1923 Firebrick, Lewis Co KY; m. 31 Oct 1942 Greenup Co KY to Avenelle Hunt.
7. Ota Arminta Bentley (f) b 30 Sept 1925 Firebrick, Lewis Co KY d 10 Mar 2016 Ashland KY; age 90 years; buried Siloam Cemetery, South Shore KY; m. 13 Dec 1941 South Shore, Greenup Co KY to Kenneth Carl Hunt d 11 Feb 2008. Children of Kenneth Carl Hunt and Ota Arminta Bentley;
Ota Arminta Bentley Hunt|
30 Sept 1925 - 10 Mar 2016
i. Harry Kenneth Hunt b 23 Jan 1944 Portsmouth OH d 31 Oct 2015 Wurtland KY; buried Kentucky Veterans Cemetery North East, Greenup Co, KY; m. abt 1969 to Gloria Bolton. Children of Harry Kenneth Hunt and Gloria Bolton; I. Craig Hunt; m. Paula Unknown. II. Melanie Hunt; m. Jason Tolliver
Obituary Harry Kenneth Hunt: Harry Kenneth Hunt, 71, of Raceland, Kentucky, went to be with the Lord, Saturday, October 31, 2015 at Wurtland nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Wurtland, Kentucky. Harry was born January 23, 1944 in Portsmouth, Ohio, a son of Ota Bentley Hunt of South Shore, Kentucky and the late Kenneth Carl Hunt. He was a retired Union Steward with 38 years of service from the North American Refractories Co in South Shore, Kentucky. He was a United States Vietnam Conflict Army Veteran and was a member of the Harrison-Fullerton Masonic Lodge #937, South Shore. He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Gloria Bolton Hunt; a son, Craig (Paula) Hunt of Raceland, KY; a daughter, Melanie (Jason) Tolliver of Lewisburg, PA; a brother, Paul (Connie) Hunt of South Shore, KY; two sisters, Lois Ann (Phillip) Coyle of Richmond, KY and Laura Lee (David) Kiser of Hamlin, WV; three grandchildren, Hayden Hunt, Josie Tolliver, and Justin Tolliver. Funeral service will be conducted at Noon, Thursday, November 5, 2015 at Reed Funeral Home in Greenup by Bro. Clyde Bolling and Grover Hatfield. Burial will be in the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery North East, Greenup, KY. Military rites will be performed by James Dickey American Legion Post 23, Portsmouth, Ohio. Visitation will be Wednesday from 6-9 p.m. and one hour before the service on Thursday. At the funeral home. Condolences may be made at www.reedfuneralhome.us
ii. Laura Lee Hunt; m. David Kiser
iii. Lois Ann Hunt; m. Phillip Coyle
iv. Paul Hunt; m. Connie Unknown
Obituary: Ota Arminta Hunt, 90, of South Shore, KY., went to be with the Lord Friday, March 10, 2016 at Kings Daughters Medical Center in Ashland, KY. She was born September 30, 1925, in Letitia, KY., a daughter of the late Sherman and Laura Bentley. Ota was a Member of the South Shore Old Regular Baptist Church and retired School Bus Driver from the Greenup County School System. She enjoyed cooking, canning, quilting, crocheting and most of all spending time with her family and friends. Preceded in death besides her parents are her husband Kenneth Carl Hunt whom she was married to for 67 years before his passing February 11, 2008, one son Harry Kenneth Hunt, two brothers Wes and Johnny Bentley, two sisters Ollie Ratliff and Beulah Collier. Surviving are two daughters Laura (David) Kiser of Hamlin W. VA., and Lois (Phillip) Coyle of Richmond, KY., one son Paul (Connie) Hunt of South Shore, KY., one daughter-in-law Gloria Hunt of Raceland, KY., four brothers Howard (Mildred) Bentley of Columbus, OH., Roy (Avanelle) Bentley of South Shore, KY., Bob (Charlotte) Bentley of South Shore, KY., and Bud (Dorothy) Bentley of South Portsmouth, KY. Also surviving are two sisters Betty VanHorn of Leesburg, FL., and Wanda (Don) Dillow of South Shore, KY., eight grandchildren Melanie (Jason) Tolliver, Harry Craig (Paula) Hunt, Geff (Amanda) Kiser, Karen (Benji) Smith, Traci (Scott) McIntosh, Brian (Shanna) Reeder, Matthew (Tessa) Hunt, Michael (Brandi) Hunt, 20 great grandchildren and several other family and friends who will mourn her passing. Funeral Services will be 1 P.M. Monday, March 14, 2016 at the South Shore Old Regular Baptist Church with Elder Edward Smith and Elder Bobby Potter officiating. Burial will follow at Siloam Cemetery South Shore, KY. Friends may call at the Roberson Funeral Home in South Shore, KY., from 6 P.M. until 9 P.M. Sunday, March 13, 2016 and from 9 A.M. until the funeral hour at 1 P.M. on Monday at the Church. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the South Shore Old Regular Baptist Church 721 Main Street South Shore, KY 41175. Online condolences can be left for the family and friends at www.robersonfuneral.com
8. John Vint Bentley b 10 Jan 1929 Letitia, Greenup Co KY d 17 Mar 2002 South Shore, Greenup Co KY; m. 1947 Greenup Co KY to June Frazier. John Vint Bentley m. 3 Aug 1957 South Shore, Greenup Co KY to Madge Middleton Elliott.
9. Betty Christine Bentley b 11 Dec 1930 Letitia, Greenup Co KY; m. 29 Apr 1950 Russell Co KY to Charles Vanhorn
10. Robert Sherman Bob Bentley b 22 Nov 1932 Letitia, Greenup Co KY; m. 12 Oct 1951 Greenup Co KY to Charlotte Juanita Clark.
11. Cora Wanda Bentley b 21 Oct 1935 Letitia, Greenup Co KY; m. 20 Jul 1956 South Shore, Greenup Co KY to Don Dillow.
12. Paul Eugene Bud Bentley b 14 Jan 1939 Letitia, Greenup Co KY; m. 8 Jun 1957 South Shore, Greenup Co KY to Dorothy Roberts. Child of Paul Eugene Bud Bentley and Dorthy Roberts; i. Howard Bentley (thanks to Howard for submitting information for this family in the guestbook on 31 Dec 2008).