James Enoch Caudill
and Arzella Hale
L-R: Leona, James Jim, Georgia, Watson, Dixie and Charles Caudill, Children of Jim Caudill and Arzella Hale. Missing from Photo is Ralph Kenton Caudill Killed in the Korean War
James Enoch Jim Caudill b 24 Mar 1901 Letcher Co KY d 20 Apr 1968 Lincoln Co KY; buried Fairview Baptist Church Cemetery, Halls Gap, Lincoln Co KY; s/o Samuel C Caudill and Sarah Jane Hart. James Enoch Jim Caudill m. 24 Jul 1924 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY to Arzella Hale b 23 May 1906 Knott Co KY d 29 Nov 1975 Lincoln Co KY; buried Fairview Baptist Church Cemetery, Halls Gap, Lincoln Co KY; d/o James Jim Hale and Leona Smith. Children of James Enoch Jim Caudill and Arzella Hale;
Arzella Hale Caudill
Ralph Kenton Caudill
1. Leona Fay Caudill b 30 Aug 1928 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY d 1 Oct 1991 Lincoln Co KY; buried Fairview Baptist Church Cemetery, Halls Gap, Lincoln Co KY; m. Roy E Jenkins b 22 Sept 1929 d 5 Jan 1978; buried Fairview Baptist Church Cemetery, Halls Gap, Lincoln Co KY; findagrave memorial #160149566.
2. James Jim Caudill b 10 Jun 1930 Letcher Co KY d 25 Feb 1983 Fayette Co KY; m. Phyllis F Unknown b 28 May 1941 d 6 May 1979; buried Parlor Grove Cemetery, Waynesburg, Lincoln Co KY; memorial # 14581198. Children of James Jim Caudill and Phyllis Unknown; i. James Caudill; m. Lisa Cracraft. Children of James Caudill; I. Brooke McKinney (f) II. Tiffany Rose Caudill Snedegar ii. Valerie Caudill
3. Georgia M Caudill b 1934 Letcher Co KY; m. Lonzo McGuffey b 2 Aug 1927 Lincoln Co KY d 7 Dec 2007; buried s/o James McGuffey and Dora Watts. Military service, Sgt US Army, Korea. Tombstone inscription: Always in our hearts. Loving Husband Father and Grandfather. Children of Lonzo McGuffey and Georgia Caudill; i. Jeff Mcguffey ii. Ronnie McGuffey.
4. Watson E Caudill b 31 May 1927 Letcher Co KY d 23 Mar 2010 KY; buried Camp Nelson National Cemetery, Nicholasville, Jessamine Co KY; military tombstone states SSGT US Air Force WWII Beloved Father and Grandfather.
5. Dixie Caudill; m. Johnny Miles
6. Ralph Kenton Caudill b 1931 d (presumed dead) 31 Dec 1953 (missing since 27 Nov 1950)
7. Charles Hobert Caudill b 22 Jul 1935 Letcher Co KY d 22 Sept 2001 Bulan, Perry Co KY; m. Female Horn; d/o William Earnest Horn and Mary Ethel Hagood.
Obituary of Lonzo McGuffey
STANFORD - Lonzo McGuffey, 80, of Stanford, died Friday at his home.
Born Aug. 2, 1927, in Lincoln County, he was the son of the late James and Dora Watts McGuffey. He worked at Chrysler Corp. in Dayton, Ohio, for seven years; owned a Carnation milk route for several years in Danville; and retired from American Greetings, Danville, after 22 years.
He was a member of Fairview Baptist Church where he was a past trustee and member of its brotherhood; veteran of Korean War, ranked sergeant; and member of Caswell Saufley Post No. 18 American Legion, Military Honor Guard and Baptist Disaster Relief Team.
Survivors include his wife, Georgia Caudill McGuffey; sons, Ronnie (Lana) McGuffey of Waynesburg and Jeff McGuffey of Stanford; granddaughters, Rachael and Hillary McGuffey; and a brother, Fonzo McGuffey of Stanford. He was predeceased by seven brothers and sisters.
Services will be 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Fairview Baptist Church by the Rev. Johnny Baker. Burial will be in Camp Nelson National Cemetery, Nicholasville, Jessamine Co KY
Obituary of Ralph Kenton Caudill
Obituary: CAUDILL, Ralph K. (Kenton) SUPREME SACRIFICE PAID BY CAUDILL BOY; ARMY SAYS “PRESUMABLY DEAD” Missing since November 27, 1950, Sgt. Ralph K. Caudill, son of Mr. And Mrs. James E. Caudill Route 1, Waynesburg, has been classed “presumably dead” in a letter from the Army Adjutant General. “Full consideration has been given to all information bearing on the absence, including all records, reports and circumstances of your son”, the letter said. Sgt. Caudill was reported seriously wounded in January of 1951 and reported missing in March of 1951. No word has been received by his parents since then. He attended Highland High and went into the army when 17 years old. His basic training was taken at Camp Breckenridge and was a Sergeant in the Infantry when reported missing. He attended Fairview Baptist Church at Hall’s Gap and was a popular boy in the high school he attended. He was born in 1931. Other children and relatives of the bereaved parents are three brothers, Watson Caudill, Dayton; Jim Caudill, Waynesburg and Charlie Caudill, Cincinnati; three sisters, Mrs. Ray Jenkins, Waynesburg; Mrs. Lonzo McGuffey, Dayton and Miss Dixie Caudill at home and grandparents, Mrs. Leona Truller (Fuller), Isom, KY and J. D. Hale, Red Fox, KY. The Army said in the letter that he was presumed dead as of December 31, 1953. Mr. And Mrs. Caudill have given the supreme sacrifice as well as their son for this country. Our sympathy is extended and we speak for the entire county in this. Interior Journal of Stanford.
Obituary of Charles Hobert Caudill
Obituary: CAUDILL, Charles H.; WHITLEY CITY -- Charles Hobert Caudill, 66, of Pine Knot died Saturday at his home. Born July 22, 1935, in Whitesburg, he was a son of the late James E. and Arzella Hale Caudill. He was a retired heavy equipment operator and an Army veteran having served in the 101st Airborne Division. Survivors include three sons, Charles E. Caudill of Pine Knot, William K. Caudill of Oneida, Tenn., Anthony H. Caudill of Ithica, Ohio; three daughters, Teresa Moser of Pine Knot, Rebecca Caudill of Atlanta, Ga., and Jane Caudill of Hanging Rock, Ohio; a brother, Watson Caudill of Lexington; two sisters, Georgia McGuffey of Stanford and Dixie Miles of Melborne, Fla.; and 14 grandchildren. Services will be 6 p.m. today at Hickman Strunk Funeral Home by Rufus Hughes. Burial will be in Camp Nelson National Cemetery, Nicholasville, KY. Visitation is after 4 p.m. today. (Published in Advocate Messenger (Danville), Sept. 25, 2001)