James Harvey Collins
and America Ann Bentley
James Harvey Collins b 20 Dec 1855 Letcher Co KY 7 Feb 1921; buried John Bentley Cemetery, Deane, Letcher Co KY; s/o John Wesley Collins and Nancy Mullins. James Harvey Collins m. 22 Nov 1882 Letcher Co KY to America Ann Bentley b 1866 Letcher Co KY d 8 Feb 1948 Letcher Co KY; buried John Bentley Cemetery, Deane, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Quiller Bentley and Lucinda Thacker. Children of James Harvey Collins and America Ann Bentley;
1. Willie Collins b 1893 Letcher Co KY d 26 Apr 1982 Letcher Co KY; m. Bridie Hammonds b 27 Mar 1905 d 13 May 1988.
2. Lucinda Collins b 27 Apr 1890 Democrat, Letcher Co KY d 28 Jan 1961; m. Fred Kiser b 31 May 1887 d 3 Mar 1936; s/o Samuel F Kiser and Phoebe Jane Profitt.
3. Flora Collins b 24 Nov 1883 d 11 May 1952 Letcher Co KY; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Sandlick, Letcher Co KY; m. 1906 Letcher Co KY to Harvey Martin Addington b 22 Oct 1880 Letcher Co KY d 9 Apr 1949 Letcher Co KY; buried Sandlick Cemetery, Sandlick, Letcher Co KY; s/o James Taylor Addington and Cecilia Adams.
4. John Collins b Jun 1885 KY d 2 Sept 1957 Ashland, Boyd Co KY; m. 26 Aug 1906 to Julia Ann Profitt b 24 Feb 1886 Letcher Co KY d 27 Aug 1949 Letcher Co KY; buried Evergreen Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; d/o William Morgan Profitt and Elizabeth Kiser. Julia Ann Profitt m. abt 1914 to William Evan Ev Hammonds b 27 Feb 1876 Letcher Co KY d 27 Dec 1966 Letcher Co KY; buried Thornton Cemetery, Thornton, Letcher Co KY; s/o Archelous Hammonds and Lettisha Jane Adams. William Evan Ev Hammonds m. 18 Dec 1897 to Margaret Jane Jenkins b 1 Mar 1879 Letcher Co KY d 4 May 1912; d/o Archibald Jenkins and Letha Jane Craft. John Collins m. 12 May 1913 to Sarah Moore
5. Ballard Collins b 27 Aug 1895 Letcher Co KY d 2 Apr 1972 Letcher Co KY; buried Evergreen Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; m.
6. Harrison Collins b 22 Sept 1888 KY d 25 Dec 1968
7. Dewey Collins b 27 Aug 1897 KY d 3 Sept 1986 Letcher Co KY; buried Riley Bentley Cemetery, Letcher Co KY
10. Carrie Collins b 27 Feb 1901 KY d 14 Feb 1916
9. Minerva Collins b 27 Feb 1903 KY d 9 Nov 1989; m. Male Cook
8. Nannie Collins b 29 Jan 1906 KY d 27 Feb 1997 Whitesburge AR Health Care Center; age 91 years 28 days; buried Holbrook Cemetery, Campbranch, KY; m. Henry Holbrook. Children of Henry Holbrook and Nannie Collins; i. John Holbrook ii. Vaughn Holbrook iii. Ernest Holbrook iv. Terry Wayne Holbrook v. Edith Holbrook; m. Male Martin vi. Velma Holbrook; m. Male Venters vii. Owana Holbrook; m. Male Fultz.
Obituary: Nannie Collins Holbrook
29 Jan 1906 - 27 Feb 1997
Nannie Holbrook died on Thursday, February 27, 1997 at the Whitesburg Appalachian Regional Health Care Center (Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY). Nannie was the daughter of the late James and America Ann Bentley Collins, born January 29, 1906, being 91 years and 28 days of age at the time of her death. She attended the Millstone Missionary Baptist Church (Millstone, Letcher Co KY). She was preceded in death by her husband, Henry Holbrook, and a son, John Holbrook.
Survivors include three sons: Vaughn Holbrook of Colley Gap; Earnest Holbrook of Colley and Terry Wayne Holbrook of Campbranch; three daughters; Edith Martin, Velma Venters and Owana Fultz, all of Campbranch; eighteen grandchildren; fourteen great grandchildren and five great-great grandchildren, along with many other relatives and friends. Funeral services for Nannie Holbrook were conducted from the Chapel of the Letcher Funeral Home in Whitesburg, Kentucky on Sunday, March 2, 1997 at 1 p.m. The officiating minister was Bill Craft while family members and friends served as pallbearers. Burial took place in the Holbrook Family Cemetery at Campbranch, Kentucky.