William Jesse Cornett
and Rhoda Gilliam
William Jesse Billy Cornett b about 1761 Henrico Co VA d 26 Nov 1836 Perry Co KY buried Cornett Cemetery, Ball Creek, KY; s/o John L Cornett and Elizabeth Mosby Bacon. William Jesse Cornett m. 7 May 1790 Washington Co VA to (1) Rhoda Gilliam b 1772 Augusta Co VA d Apr 1796, d/o Martin Gilliam and Elizabeth Ellis. (Source). (Alternate: Source). Children of William Cornett and Rhoda Gilliam;
1. Archibald Cornett b 12 Jan 1789 VA d 24 Feb 1873 Leatherwood, Perry Co KY; m. 8 Jun 1812 Clay Co KY to Judah Judy McDaniel.
2. Lucy Cornett born 12 Jan 1789 d 1861; m. 17 Jun 1813 Clay Co KY to Woolery Eversole b about 1796 NC d 4 Sept 1871 Perry Co KY; s/o Jacob Eversole and Mary Kessler. Children of Woolery Eversole and Lucy Cornett;
I. William Billy Eversole b 10 Jun 1814 Clay (now Perry) Co KY d 19 Dec 1897 Cowcreek, Owsley Co KY; m. to (1) Elizabeth Betty Bolling (aka Bowling) b 20 Aug 1817 Clay Co KY (or 4 Sept 1819) d 18 Jul 1843 Krypton, Perry Co KY; d/o John P Bolling and Mary Polly Lewis. Children of William Billy Eversole and Elizabeth Betty Bolling;
i. Sarah Eversole b 8 Sept 1835 Perry Co KY d 9 May 1904 Owsley Co KY; m. 23 Nov 1877 Owsley Co KY to James Wilson Baker (aka James Woods) b 29 Oct 1829 Clay Co KY d 1916 Owsley Co KY; buried Amis - Baker Cemetery, Owsley Co KY; s/o John Jackson Baker and Viney Woods.
ii. Nancy Eversole b 25 May 1837; m. 15 Oct 1857 to Robert Johnson'
iii. Polly Eversole b 7 Sept 1839; m. 20 Oct 1860 to Elijah C Duff b 1835; s/o John A Duff and Mary Polly Combs
iv. Joseph Eversole b 23 Feb 1842 d 5 Apr 1852
William Billy Eversole m. 15 Feb 1844 (or 20 Feb) Clay Co KY to Barbara A Chappell b 16 May 1823 Clay Co KY d 26 Feb 1899; d/o George Campbell and Elizabeth Betsy Pace. Children of William Billy Eversole and Barbara A Chappell;
i. Logan Eversole
ii. Lucy Eversole
iii. Elizabeth Eversole
iv. Woolery Eversole
v. John Eversole
vi. George Eversole b abt 1840
vii. Martha Eversole b abt 1844
viii. Mary Eversole b 1849
II. Mary Elizabeth Eversole b 20 Aug 1817 Eversole cabin, Perry Co KY d 1878 Leslie Co KY; m. 22 Apr 1837 Perry Co KY to William Bolling b 1815 d 1901 KY; s/o Justus Bolling and Hannah Reed. Children of William Bolling and Mary Elizabeth Eversole;
i. Sally Bolling
ii. Lucy Bolling b abt 1835
iii. John Eversole Bolling b 1837
iv. Robert Bolling b 1839
v. Woolery Bolling b 1841
vi. Nancy Bolling b 21 Feb 1847
vii. Mary Polly (Julia?) Bolling b 1849
viii. Hannah Eversole Bolling b 1852
ix. Joseph Bolling b 1854
III. Joseph Eversole b 1 Dec 1818 KY d 2 May 1864 (killed by Rebels at home) Perry Co KY; m. 19 Mar 1836 by Rev Jesse Bolling to Sarah Ann Sally Bolling b 7 Jun 1819 Chavies, KY d about 1850 (or 23 Sept 1842 KY); buried Eversole Cemetery, Krypton, KY; d/o John P Bolling and Mary Polly Lewis.
3. John Cornett b about 1794 VA m. Rachel Smith (aka Rachel Kelly) b about 1800; d/o John Kelly. They settled on Carrs Fork, Knott Co KY.
4. Elizabeth Cornett b about 1795 VA; m. 11 Sept 1818 to William C Campbell b about 1794; s/o William Campbell and Nancy Ann Couch.
Mary Everage (aka Everidge) b May 1779 NC d 28 Jan 1852 Mace Creek, Perry Co KY; d/o Abner Everage. Mary Everage had the following children from 1st marriage to Unknown;
1. Sarah "Sally" Everage; m. Thomas McDaniel.
2. Mary Polly Everage b 1796; m. 1818 to Roberrt S Brashears.
and Mary Everage
William Jesse Billy Cornett b about 1761 Henrico Co VA d 26 Nov 1836 Perry Co KY; buried Cornett Cemetery, Ball Creek, KY; s/o
John L Cornett and Elizabeth Mosby Bacon. William Cornett m. Apr 1796 Sullivan Co TN to (2) Mary Everage (aka Everidge) b May 1779 NC d 28 Jan 1852 Mace Creek, Perry Co KY; d/o Abner Everage. William Cornett and Mary Everage moved their family to KY. William was on the 1807 Clay Co KY Tax List. He had 102 grandchildren. Children of William Cornett and Mary Everage;
1. Robert Bustard Cornett b 17 Jan 1798; m. 1821Perry Co KY to
Louisa Combs b about 1803; d/o
General Elijah Combs and Sarah Sally Roark.
2. Margaret Cornett b 1799 d infancy.
3. Samuel Cornett b 4 Mar 1809 Floyd Co KY d 24 Nov 1860 Troublesome Creek, Knott Co KY; m. 1 May 1832 to Mary Polly Adams b 8 Jul 1813 Floyd Co KY; d/o Moses Adams and Mary Garland. They settled on Troublesome Creek now part of Hindman, Knott Co KY.
4. Roger Cornett b 6 Jan 1805 d 27 Sep 1885; m. 23 Jan 1827 Mary Polly Lewis b 23 Oct 1809 d 20 Mar 1873.
5. Rachel Cornett b 10 Feb 1807 d 15 Apr 1887; m. 20 May 1824 Perry Co KY to John A Caudill
b 1 Jan 1798 d 10 May 1873; s/o Stephen Caudill and Sarah Adams.
6. Nancy Cornett b about 1809; m. Samuel Combs, b about 1799 TN; s/o Danger Nick Combs and Nancy Aletia Grigsby.
7. Nathaniel Woolery Cornett (aka Wollery) b 2 Apr 1811 KY d 12 Jan 1899 Knott Co KY; m. 26 Aug 1834 Perry Co KY to Lydia Caudill b 19 Jul 1816 Perry Co KY d Feb 1860 Perry Co KY; d/o Stephen Caudill and Sarah Adams.
8. Joseph Enoch Cornett b 28 Apr 1814 d 30 May 1891; m. 1837 to
Sarah Brown b 23 Apr 1815 d 19 Apr 1892; d/o
John Q Brown and Elizabeth Caudill.
(Source for Following).
“Genealogy of William Cornett's family by his first wife Rhoda Gilliam. William Cornett born in Henrico County, Va., A.D. 1761, died in Perry County, Ky. Nov. 26, 1836. "He was the son of John Cornett. While a resident of Buckingham County, Va., in 1779 he enlisted in the Revolutionary War and served six months in Capt. Anthony Winston's Company, Col. Scripps Va. Regiment. In 1780 he re-enlisted as a private, and served six months in Capt. Saunders Co. Col. Pattersons Va. Regiment. “He was allowed a pension on his application executed Aug. 12, 1833. (W6723)