Archelous Columbus Craft
and Lettishia Lettie Webb
Archelous Columbus Craft b abt 1814 Floyd Co KY d 1885; s/o James Washington Craft and Drusilla Hammonds. Archelous Columbus Craft m. 8 May 1833 Perry Co KY to Lettishia Lettie Webb b abt 1817 KY d 1901; d/o Benjamin Webb and Jane Adams. Children of Archelous Columbus Craft and Lettishia Lettie Webb;
1. Nelson Robert Craft b 7 Sept 1834 KY d 20 Jul 1916; m. 22 Nov 1855 Letcher Co KY to Elizabeth Catherine Reynolds b 1835 VA; d/o Noah Milburn Reynolds and Mary Chaney Stone. Nelson Robert Craft m. Julia Ann Parks b 29 Dec 1865 Smyth VA d 24 Mar 1953 Knott Co KY; d/o Freeland C Parks and Sarah Elizabeth Eads. Julia Ann Parks m. 8 Dec 1885 Knott Co KY to James Perkins. Julia Ann Parks m. Creed Cornett. Julia Parks m. Floyd Sexton b abt 1875 d 9 Dec 1927 Knott Co KY. Floyd Sexton m. Lucinda Amburgey b May 1860 Letcher Co KY d 6 May 1878; d/o Umphrey Wilburn Amburgey and Nancy Ann Mullins. Lucinda Amburgey m. Henry H Taylor.
2. Drucilla Craft b 4 Feb 1836 Perry KY d 10 Feb 1930; buried Hale Cemetery, Wolfpen, Knott Co KY; m. 5 Jan 1854 to Ephraim Thomas Hammonds b 14 Feb 1833 d 10 Sept 1916 Knott Co KY; s/o Ephraim Hammonds and Lydia Adams.
3. Jason L Craft b 18 Jul 1839 Perry KY d 12 Feb 1903 Letcher Co KY; m. Henrietta Adams b 22 May 1840 Perry Co KY d 3 May 1907; d/o Benjamin Adams and Nancy Holbrook. Jason L Craft m. 1898 Lucy Ann Hamilton b 19 Jan 1852 Scott Co VA d 29 Jan 1916 Knott Co KY; d/o Robert Schuyler Hamilton and Malissa J Wheatley.
Lucy Ann Hamilton m. 3 May 1866 Letcher Co KY to John B Adams b 1847 Letcher Co KY d 15 Sept 1882 Catlettsburg, Boyd Co KY; s/o Spencer Adams and Jane Amburgey. Children of John B Adams and Lucy Ann Hamilton; i. Margaret Ellen Adams b 1867 KY ii. Chamillis Adams b 14 Nov 1869 Letcher KY iii. John Carlyle Adams b 7 Nov 1871 Letcher Co KY iv. Robert Lee Adams b 24 Jul 1873 Letcher KY v. James Adams b 13 Aug 1875 Letcher Co KY vi. Spencer P Adams b 9 May 1878 Letcher Co KY vii. Belle Adams b 5 Feb 1880 Letcher KY viii. Ann Susan Adams b 20 Apr 1882 Knott Co KY
The cause of death of John Adams was reported in the Ashland (Ky.) Independent of 7 Dec 1882: "Andrew Sloan and Linville Higgins, of Floyd County, were arrested here after giving evidence in moonshining cases, on the charge of killing Andrew Hall, in Floyd County. Judge McCall committed them, and the third one of the party accused, Richard Vance, is in charge of the U.S. authorities. After going back to the mountains a man made an affidavit that [John B.] Adams, who was found dead on our courthouse steps, supposed to have fallen from the second story window, was thrown out by Hall and Sizemore, fellow witnesses in a moonshine case, a few weeks since. Sizemore then fled the country, and Hall was killed by the friends of Adams."
4. Enoch Arden Chunk Craft b 28 Feb 1842 Letcher Co KY d 16 Feb 1937 Letcher Co KY; buried Chunk Craft Cemetery, Millstone, Letcher Co KY; m. 2 May 1867 Letcher Co KY to Mary Caudill b 15 Apr 1845 d 11 Feb 1936 Millstone, Letcher Co KY; buried Chunk Craft Cemetery, Millstone, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Adams Caudill and Rachel Cornett.
5. Letha Jane Craft b 12 Sept 1845 Letcher Co KY d 8 Mar 1926 Letcher Co KY; m. abt 1864 to Archibald Jenkins b 24 Jul 1844 Letcher Co KY d 28 Jul 1909 KY of typhoid fever; s/o William Mannon Jenkins and Mary Ellen Cornett.
6. Joseph Craft b 6 Feb 1848 Letcher Co KY d 20 Oct 1910; m. 2 Sept 1869 Letcher Co KY to Rausea Bagwell b 29 Mar 1850 Grayson Co VA d 3 May 1907 Letcher Co KY; d/o Willis Bagwell and Ada Privett.
7. Benjamin Washington Craft b 16 Feb 1852 Letcher Co KY d 23 Apr 1928; m. 11 Jan 1874 Letcher Co KY to Henrietta Adams b 4 Dec 1852 Letcher Co KY d 23 Apr 1928 Letcher Co KY; d/o Jesse B Adams and Margaret Jenkins.
8. Wiley W. Craft b 4 Sept 1855 Letcher Co KY d 1 Oct 1883 Letcher Co KY; as a result of gunshot wound inflicted by his nephew, Wash Craft; m. Arminda Richmond b 20 May 1852.
9. Dicey Craft b 1859 Letcher Co KY d 1859