Bailey Johnson Sr
and Rebecca Johnson
Bailey Johnson b 10 Feb 1821 Pike Co KY d 6 Aug 1876 Pike Co KY; buried Wm. Payne Johnson Cemetery, Long Fork, Pike Co. KY; s/o William Payne Mander Johnson and Lucy Ann Ayers. Bailey Johnson m. 14 Aug 1841 Pike Co KY to Rebecca Johnson b 1823 Pike Co KY d 1875; d/o
Elisha J "Red Headed Lish" Johnson and Martha Patsy Tackett. (Source). Children of Bailey Johnson and Rebecca Johnson;
1. Abigail Johnson b 12 Dec 1842 Pike Co KY d 9 Sep 1917 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; buried Abe fork, Spicewood Branch, Weeksbury, KY. (along with Warfield and some other children of hers, in back of her son, Columbus Johnson's old Home place, Spicewood Branch, Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY). Abigail Johnson m. about 1869 Floyd Co KY to Jefferson Hall Johnson b 7 Dec 1849 Floyd Co KY d 20 Jan 1924 Greenup Co KY; s/o King David Johnson and Anna Mary Martin (alternate mother for Jefferson Hall Johnson - Priscilla "Prit" Hall). (Source).
More about Jefferson Hall Johnson (Source); Received word from Rob Martindale e-mail vilmar_vampyr@@hotmail.com Rob says Jefferson Hall Johnson was the son of David Johnson and Priscilla "Prit" Hall. David had 2 wives and an affair with Priscilla "Prit" Hall, but was never married to her, and that he has Jefferson's death certificate which states he lived with his 2nd family and was buried at Dry Fork, in Greenup County, KY. James Hall, email JJgh524@@aol.com writes that Jefferson Johnson, the father of Warfield and Columbus, is buried in an unmarked grave in the head of Weeksbury's longer fork, or the right fork.
2. Martha Johnson b 25 Jan 1843 Pike Co KY m. Wilson Hall b 1858 Letcher Co KY d 20 Oct 1918 Weeksbury, Floyd Co KY; buried Speight, Pike Co KY; occupation, coal miner; s/o Andrew "Dewey" Hall and Martha Fields.
3. Sebastian C Johnson b about Oct 1845 Longfork, Pike Co KY d 13 Dec 1919; m. 21/22 Jan 1869 Letcher Co KY to Mary Elizabeth Hall b 1849; d/o Allen Hall and Hannah Yonts.
4. Humphrey Johnson b 15 Sept 1848 Pike Co KY; m. Barbara Johnson (aka Rosanna). Child; I. Jeff Johnson.
5. Thadeous Salisky Johnson (aka Silas) b about 1849 Pike Co KY d 22 May 1902 Pike Co KY
6. William Payne Doc Johnson b 8 May 1850 Pike Co KY d 16 Jan 1923 Pike Co KY; m. 10 Nov 1875 to Lavina "Viny" Fleming (aka Melvina) b 11 Apr 1847 Letcher Co KY d 16 Oct 1907 Pike Co KY; d/o Fighting Fred Fleming and Nancy Ann Amy Wright.
7. Bailey "Bail" Johnson Jr b 4 Dec 1852 Speight, Pike Co KY d 15 Jan 1934 Speight, Pike Co KY; m. 1 Mar 1883 Pike Co KY (at the home of Stephen Burke) to Clerinda Burke b 19 Jan 1861 Pike Co KY d 27 Mar 1902 Speight Pike Co KY.
1850 Pike Co. KY Census
340 Johnson Bailey 29 M Farmer 1,000 KY
Rebecca 27 F KY
Abigal 7 F KY
Martha 6 F KY
Sebastian C 3 M KY
Humphrey M 1 M KY
Thadeous S 3/12 M KY