and Lucy Austin
Elisha Johnson b 1828 MO d 12 Sept 1899 Pike Co KY; s/o Elisha Johnson and Martha Patsy Tackett. Elisha Johnson m. Lucy Austin b 16 May 1831 NC d 4 Jul 1913 Greenup Co KY; d/o Andrew Austin and Louisiana Bryant. Children of Elisha Johnson and Lucy Austin;
1. Martha Johnson b abt 1852 NC
2. Andrew Johnson b 21 Apr 1853 Laurel Springs, Ashe Co NC d 5 Dec 1937 Load, Greenup Co KY; m. Cillar Little b 1852 Pike Co KY d 1898 Speight, Pike Co KY.
3. Noah Johnson b abt 1855 NC
4. Mathew Johnson b abt 1857 NC
5. William Johnson b abt 1859 NC
6. Elisha Johnson b 1861 Ashe Co NC d Jun 1950 Pike Co KY; occupation, logger, school teacher; m. abt 1883 to Anna Thornsberry b 1860 Floyd Co KY d abt 1900 KY; s/o Martin Van Buren Thornsberry and Ruth Hall.
7. Daniel Johnson b 1865 NC
8. George F Johnson b 1867 NC
9. Elijah Johnson b 1869 KY
10. Mary Johnson b 1872 KY
11. Magarette Johnson b 1874 KY
More About Lucy Austin Johnson and Elisha Johnson
Lucy Austin lived in Laurel Springs, Ashe County, North Carolina, until 1865. In that year with two wagons filled with household necessities and Lucy riding on horseback with little Daniel in her lap, they took the long hard 30 day trip to their new home on Dry Creek, Pike County, Kentucky.
Elisha Johnson's occupation: Farmer. Elisha Johnson was a horse trader who sold horses in North Carolina. He met Lucy Austin in Ashe County, North Carolina. Elisha enlisted in the 34th North Carolina Infantry, Company A, as a Private, on 25 October, 1861 for the Confederacy. A couple of times he was reported missing, but was later determined to have been ill. He was discharded in June, 1862. Elisha died on Long Fork of Shelby Creek, Pike County, Kentucky, from gangrene in a leg broken when his horse tripped and fell.
Source: Steve Hicks firstname.lastname@example.org