Henry Morse McConnell
and Elizabeth Betty Kilgore
Henry Morse McConnell b 27 Jan 1826 VA d 12 Jul 1914 Scott Co VA; s/o George McConnell and Mary Polly Compton. Henry Morse McConnell m. 19 Dec 1844 Scott Co VA to Elizabeth Betty Kilgore b 1825 d 1908; d/o Charles Kilgore and Sarah Dougherty. Children of Henry Morse McConnell and Elizabeth Betty Kilgore;
1. William P McConnell b 1846 d 1929; m. Elizabeth J Eliza Culbertson b 1851 Scott Co vA d 1933; d/o James Culbertson and Winney Kilgore.
2. Rosannah D McConnell b 1849 d 1932; buried George Washinton Addington Cemetery, Scott Co VA; m. 14 Mar 1868 Scott Co VA to George Washinton Addington b 20 Jan 1849 Scott Co VA d 1926 Scott Co VA; buried George Washington Addington Cemetery, Scott Co VA; s/o Charles Cromwell Addington and Sarah Butcher.
3. Mary R Louemma McConnell b 8 Mar 1851 d 15 Jul 1894; m. 20 Jan 1870 Scott Co VA to David J Addington b 30 May 1846 Scott Co VA d 10 Jan 1928 Scott Co VA; buried George Washington Addington Cemetery, Scott Co VA; Charles Cromwell Addington and Sarah Butcher.
4. Elizabeth Jane Eliza McConnell b 18 Dec 1853 d 1918; m. John M Kilgore b 1852 Scott Co VA; s/o Green Kilgore and Elizabeth Hartsock.
5. Nancy E Nannie McConnell b 9 Feb 1856
6. America Victoria McConnell b 24 Jul 1858; m. 24 Aug 1876 to Hugh J Broadwater
7. Drucilla R McConnell b 6 Jul 1860 d 26 Nov 1889
8. Milton Sevier McConnell b 1864 d 1904
9. Launa Laura McConnell b 1866; m. 23 Jan 1885 to John W Broadwater.
Captain Henry McConnell
Captain Henry McConnell organized the Nicklesville Spartan Band and marched them to Abingdon Virginia and service in the Confederate Army. He was discharged by October 1861, "ruptured on one side while on detached duty from company." He lived until the age of 76.