Archie Vincent Potter
and Vera Edith Mullins
Archie Vincent Potter b 17 Nov 1928 Letcher Co KY d 28 Mar 2009; Elkhorn City, KY; s/o
Flannery Potter and Sarah Rose Robinson.
Archie Vincent Potter m. 20 Apr 1950 to
Vera Edith Mullins b 22 Dec 1932 d 25 Mar 2001; buried
Reynolds Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; d/o
Thomas Marion Mullins and Lucretia
Hall. See Archie's Obituary.
Archie Vincent Potter and Vera Edith (Mullins) Potter
Left to Right; Michael, Claudette, Vera (Mullins), Mitchell and Archie Potter. Front Candy
Archie Vincent Potter
Vera Mullins Potter
Children of Archie Vincent Potter and Vera Edith Mullins Potter;
1. Michael Potter. Michael is a school teacher.
2. Mitchell Potter b 30 Jul 1952 d 29 Apr 2011 Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, GA; m. Rowena England. Mitchell worked in the coal mining industry. Sadly, we have lost our precious Mitchell. Our condolences go out to the entire family for the loss of this precious loved one. Children of Mitchell Potter and Rowena England;
3. Claudette Potter. Claudette is a school teacher.
i. Mitchell Potter Jr; Child of Mitchell Potter; I. Cody Potter b 20 Aug 2000.
ii. Michelle Potter. Child of Michelle Potter: I. Emilee Caudill
4. Candy Potter holds an upper management position in the food service industry.
5. Archie V Potter Jr b 21 Sept 1958 d Sep 1958 as an infant, buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco,
Letcher Co KY.
6. Terry Wayne Potter b 19 Sept 1954 d 21 Sept 1954 as an infant, buried Reynolds Family Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY.
7. John Mark Potter born and died 17 Feb 1966 as an infant, buried Reynolds Family Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co, KY.
8. David Matthew Potter b 24 Sept 1967 d Sept 1967 as an infant, buried Reynolds Family Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY.
9. Thomas M Potter died as infant.
We have lost our precious brother, Archie Vincent Potter. He passed from this earth to his home in Heaven to join his beloved wife, Vera Edith (Mullins) Potter. He will be greatly
mourned and terribly missed. He was an exceptional human being who had all the
best qualities anyone could hope for. He was loving, kind, intelligent, a
wonderful father, a devoted husband to Vera, a most precious brother and his joy
was contagious. He never met a stranger and during his lifetime, he loved the
Lord and taught his children to also love Him. Archie was very ill for several
years before his death and was lovingly cared for by his dear children who took
the best care possible of him. He remained at home during his entire illness and
all the family is extremely grateful for the loving care his children provided
him during his long illness. Archie couldn't have asked for better children than
he raised. They have been so good to attend to his every need. God Bless and
Archie and his family lived in the same
area of Kentucky their entire lives. My sister Carlene and I were the same
age as our nephews, Michael and Mitchell Potter. All of us had a great
time playing in the snow, climbing in the hills and running around
together when we were kids. (written by Annette Potter, webmaster).
Mitchell Potter: Mitchell Van Potter, 58, of Ashcamp, died
Friday, April 29, 2011, at Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, Ga.
He was born in McRoberts, July 30, 1952, the son of the late Archie
Vincent Potter and Vera Mullins Potter. He was a coal miner. Besides his
parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Rowena England Potter. He
is survived by one son, Mitchell Potter of Ashcamp; one daughter,
Michelle Damron of Ashcamp; two brothers, Thomas Potter and Michael V.
Potter, both of Shelby Gap; two sisters, Claudette Potter of Shelby Gap
and Candy Potter of Alexandria; and seven grandchildren. Funeral
services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 4, in the Bailey Funeral
Home Chapel with Homer Lee Mullins officiating. Burial will follow in
the Potter Family Cemetery, Ashcamp. Arrangements are under direction of
Bailey Funeral Home of Elkhorn City.