William M Willie Quillen b 26 Sept 1888 Letcher Co KY d 6 Jan 1960 Letcher Co KY; s/o Wiley Webb Quillen and Sarah Sally Holbrook. William M Willie Quillen m. 27 Feb 1913 Letcher Co KY to Essie Blaine Wright b 12 Jan 1900 KY d 15 Jul 1985 Letcher Co KY; d/o Samuel J Kinky Hair Sam Wright and Martha Jane Reynolds. Children of William M Willie Quillen and Essie Blaine Wright;
1. Cossie Claude Quillen b 28 Jan 1914 Letcher Co KY d 27 Aug 1986 Letcher Co KY; m. 25 Aug 1935 Central KY to Hazel Summay b 25 Jun 1916 Mt Sterling, KY d 19 Jan 2014 Mountain View Regional Medical Center, Norton VA; age 97 years, 6 months, 24 days; d/o Landon Summay and Mamie Shelton. Children of Cossie Claude Quillen and Hazel Summay;
i. Cossie "Scooter" Quillen Jr; m. Brenda Unknown.
ii. John Claude Quillen m. Carrie Unknown
iii. Stephen Ryan Quillen.
Hazel Summay m. Bill Blair (deceased).
Obituary: Hazel L. Quillen Blair, daughter of the late Landon Summay and Mamie Shelton Summay was born in Mt. Sterling, Kentucky June 25, 1916. She entered eternal life Sunday, January 19, 2014 at the Mountain View Regional Medical Center in Norton, Virginia being 97 years, 6 months, and 24 days of age at the time of her passing. Hazel married Cossie Quillen August 25, 1935 in Central, Kentucy. He passed away August 27, 1986. She later married Bill Blair who preceded her in death. She enjoyed working, traveling, but most of all she loved spending time with her family and friends. Hazel was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and a great friend to all that knew her. She was a member of the Whitesburg United Methodist Church and the Garden Club in Whitesburg, Kentucky. She is survived by her loving son, Cossie Quillen, Jr and wife Brenda of Whitesburg, Kentucky. Two grandchildren; John Claude Quillen and wife Carrie, and Stephen Ryan Quillen all of Whitesburg, Kentucky. One Great-grandchild; Jacob Aden Quillen of Whitesburg, Kentucky. Hazel is preceded in death by three brothers, Russel Summay, Wells Summay, and Stanton Summay. Two sisters, Clemie Boyd and Nancy Skaggs
2. John Victor Quillen b 23 Oct 1915 Letcher Co KY d 20 Apr 1957 Letcher Co KY; m. Geraldine Blair.
3. Samuel Wiley Quillen b 30 Jul 1917 Jenkins, Letcher Co KY d 11 Jul 1993 Fayette Co KY; m. Anna Katherine Davidson
4. Edsel B Quillen b 17 Sept 1921 Letcher Co KY d 17 Nov 1921
5. Ona Blaine Quillen b 19 Jan 1927 Letcher Co KY d 9 Jun 2007 Letcher Co KY; m. 3 Dec 1947 to Robert Vernon Adams b 21 Nov 1926 d Friday, 30 Aug 2007; s/o Kelsey G Adams and Louie Gibson. Robert Vernon Adams military service; Navy, WWII. Children of Robert Vernon Adams and Ona Blaine Quillen;
i. Michael Lynn d 1980.
ii. Phillip V Adams; m. Kathy Unknown
iii. Linda Adams; m. James D Collins.
Obituary: ROBERT VERNON ADAMS Robert Vernon Adams died August 30. He was 80 years old. Adams was a son of the late Louis Gibson and Kelsey G. Adams, and a grandson of the late Will and Loretta Adams, with whom he lived after his mother's death. He was married to the late Ona Blaine Quillen Adams, and was the father of the late Michael Lynn Adams. He was a brother of the late Kelsey Ray Adams and Alice Mae Adams. He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II, and was a manager of the A&P grocery stores in Neon and Harlan. He also worked at the Quillen Rexalls in Whitesburg and Neon before he and his wife purchased the drugstore in Neon. After selling the drugstore in the early 1980s, he worked in the produce department at Rowlette's Shopwise. Adams was a member of the Neon Volunteer Fire Department and later served on its board of directors. He also belonged to the Neon Community Lions Club and was a committee chair for the eyeglass project. He was a mem- ber of the First Church of God. Surviving are a son, Phillip V. Adams and wife Kathy, and a daughter, Linda Adams Collins and husband James D., all of Neon; grandchildren, Allison R. Adams, Jonathan D. Adams, Robert K. Collins, and S. Stamper Collins, all of Neon, and Michael A. Adams and wife Heather, Fort Campbell; sisters, Delores Adams and Lorinda Grubbs and husband Jerry, all of Lincoln Park, Mich., and Violetta Adams, Pikeville; nephews, Dr. Sam W. Quillen and wife Anna, and Cossie "Scooter" Quillen and wife Brenda; and niece, Lesley Quillen Williams and husband Dennis. Funeral services were held September 2 at the Neon First Church of God. Burial was in the Reynolds Cemetery at Seco. (Letcher Co KY).