Miles Mayo Webb
and Mary Polly Holbrook
Miles Mayo Webb b 27 Jun 1822 d 20 Sept 1912; s/o Benjamin Webb and Jane Jennie Adams. Miles Mayo Webb m. Mary Polly Holbrook b 13 Feb 1826 d 23 Oct 1892. Children of Miles Mayo Webb and Mary Polly Holbrook;
1. Benjamin B Webb b 10 Oct 1844 KY Floyd Co KY d 4 Nov 1927; buried Bottom Fork, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; m. 17 Jul 1863 Letcher Co KY to Eleanor Pace b 10 Oct 1840 d 25 Nov 1933; buried Bottom Fork, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; d/o Charles Pace and Hannah Lewis.
2. Manerva Jane Webb b 25 Feb 1847 Mayking, Letcher Co KY d 10 Apr 1935 Knott Co KY; m. 12 Nov 1868 Letcher Co KY to John Thornsberry b 8 Jan 1844 d 7 Jun 1886; s/o George Thornsberry and Rebecca Pridemore. Children of John Thornsberry and Jane Webb; i. Mothar Tibe Thornsberry b abt 1861 ii. George Thornsberry b abt 1865 iii. N. V. hornsberry b abt 1865 iv. Leana Thornsberry b 1869 v. Selinda Thornsberry b 1870 vi. Perthinia Thornsberry b 1873 vii. Polly Thornsberry b 10 Mar 1875 Raven KY viii. William Thornsberry b 1877
3. Nancy Webb b 6 May 1849 Letcher Co KY d 25 Oct 1922; buried Holbrook Cemetery, Sergent, Letcher Co KY; m. 31 Oct 1871 Letcher Co KY to Enoch Oscar Holbrook b 1 Jan 1850 Floyd Co KY d 22 Jan 1929 Mayking, Letcher Co KY; s/o Randolph Holbrook and Jane Webb.
The following is an article appearing in the Whitesburg Mountain Eagle of 24 Jan 1929: Veteran Citizen Is No More. ----- At his old home near Mayking yesterday morning, Enoch A. Holbrook, eighty or eighty-one, after several days illness with flu, passed over the silent river. He was well known in most sections of the county and a decendant (sic) from several of the old pioneer families that settled here more than a century ago. Ause, as he was known, was a grandson of old Duch Webb, and a son-in-law of the late Miles M. Webb. He is survived by three brothers, Ben, Jason L., and William and probably two sisters residing in Virginia. He leaves several grand-sons and daughters all of whom have families. His wife preceded him in death some three years ago. The deceased was a long-standing member of the old Thornton Baptist Church and in his younger years was active in the affairs of the church. Besides the immediate members of his own family he leaves a big relationship all over the Eastern part of the State. He will be missed by his host of relatives and friends. The Eagle extends sympathies to all the bereaved. Burial: Sergent, Letcher County Kentucky.
4. Perthia Webb b 1853 KY
5. Margaret Elizabeth Webb b 1854 KY
6. Mary Webb b 5 Aug 1857 KY
7. Nelson Robinette Webb b 12 Mar 1860 KY
8. Letty Webb b 1866 KY
9. William O Webb b abt 1869 KY
10. Elender Webb b 1870