and Martha Hall
Zack Bentley b 27 Feb 1879 KY d 24 Aug 1965; age 86; buried Neon Community Cemetery, Neon, Letcher Co KY; s/o John Q Bentley and Cynthia Adeline Potter. Zack Bentley m. 7 Oct 1897 to Martha Hall b 27 Apr 1880 KY; d/o Thomas Hall and Martha Patsy Whitaker. Children of Zack Bentley and Martha Hall;
1. Monroe Bentley b abt 1903 KY
2. Calvie Bentley b abt 1910 KY; m. Male Ferguson
3. Delpha Bentley b abt 1912 KY
4. Belvia Jane Bentley b abt 1914 KY
5. Henry E Bentley b abt 1916 KY
6. Dallas Bentley b 12 Sept 1918 Letcher Co KY d 11 Jul 1996 Smithfield, Isle of Wight, VA; buried Parklawn Memorial Park, Hampton, Hampton City, VA; m. 21 Nov 1975 (divorced 1 Feb 1979 Louisa VA) to John Willard Gore b 8 Sept 1915; s/o William Bill Gore and Ethel Barton. Dallas Bentley m. Jack D Settles. Children of Jack D Settles and Dallas Bentley; i. Belvie Jean Settles b 27 Oct 1941 Letcher Co KY d 13 Oct 2019 Windsor, Isle of Wight Co VA; buried Peninsula Memorial Park, Newport News, Newport News City, VA; m. James C Jimmy Turner ii. Sonja Ann Settles b 1940 Letcher Co KY; m. 8 Nov 1958 Newport news VA to Charles Francis Allen b 1938; s/o John L Allen and Frances Monfalcone.
7. Zack Bentley Jr. b abt 1924 KY
1920 Letcher Co KY Census East Whitesburg District 0066
129 138 Bentley Zack Head M W 42 M KY KY KY
129 138 Bentley Martha Wife F W 42 M KY KY KY
129 138 Bentley Monroe Son M W 17 S KY KY KY
129 138 Bentley Calvie Daughter F W 10 S KY KY KY
129 138 Bentley Delpha Daughter F W 8 S KY KY KY
129 138 Bentley Belvia Jane Daughter F W 6 S KY KY KY
129 138 Bentley Henry E Son M W 4 S KY KY KY
129 138 Bentley Dallas Daughter F W 1 4/12 S KY KY KY
1930 Letcher Co KY Census Neon ED 23
108 108 Bentley Zack Head M W 51 M 20 KY KY KY Farmer
108 108 Bentley Martha Wife H F W 50 M 19 KY KY KY
108 108 Bentley Jane Daughter F W 16 S KY KY KY
108 108 Bentley Henry Son M W 14 S KY KY KY
108 108 Bentley Dallas Daughter F W 11 S KY KY KY
108 108 Bentley Zack Jr Son M W 6 S KY KY KY
Obituary: Belvie Jean Settles Turner
27 Oct 1941 - 13 Oct 2019
Belvie Jean Settles Turner, 77, of Windsor, VA, born October 27, 1941 in Kentucky, passed away October 13, 2019. Belvie was preceded in death by her mother, Dallas Bentley.
She is survived by her loving and devoted husband of 62 years, Jimmy Turner; daughters, Sue (Larry), Penny (Jim), Sandy, and Jammi (Damion); 9 grandchildren, Ryan, Kyle, Ashley, Eric, Misty (Corey), Travis (Kaiten), Shaylee, Hailey, and Olivia; 4 great-grandchildren; and sister, Sonja Allen.
The family will receive friends from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 17, 2019 at Peninsula Funeral Home. A funeral service will follow at 10:00 a.m. at the funeral home, officiated by Pastor Connie Sue Lackey. Interment will be at Peninsula Memorial Park.
Published in Daily Press on Oct. 15, 2019
Obituary: Dallas Bentley
12 Sept 1918 - 11 Jul 1996
Daily Press. July 14, 1996. Dallas Bentley, Smithfield – Dallas Bentley, 77, went home to be with her Lord on Thursday, July 11, 1996, at Riverside Regional Medical Center. She was born in Ermine, Kentucky, was a Peninsula resident for 54 years and resided in Smithfield the past 16 years. She was a former member of the Women of the Moose in Newport News and a former member of the Langley Mixed Bowling League for 20 years.
Mrs. Bentley is survived by two daughters and sons-in-law, Sonja S. and Charles F. Allen of Newport News, and Belvie S. and James C. Turner of Windsor; a brother, Zack Bentley Jr. of Neon, Ky; a sister, Calvie B. Ferguson of Hampton; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. The family will receive friends Sunday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Peninsula Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held Monday, July 15, 1996, at 2 p.m. at Peninsula Funeral Home by Pastors Dan E. Gray and Ronnie Snead. Burial will follow in Parklawn Memorial Park.
Memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.