Andrew Drewry Quillen
and Nancy Adams
Andrew Drewry Quillen b 1840 Perry Co KY d 20 Aug 1918; military (name spelled Quillan in roster), 13th KY Cav Co D; s/o Henry Quillen and Elizabeth M Wright. Andrew Drewry Quillen m. 15 Jul 1882 Letcher Co KY to Nancy Adams. Children of Andrew Drewry Quillen and Nancy Adams;
1. Elizabeth Quillen b 1886 KY d 11 May 1955 Beefhide, Letcher Co KY; m. 8 Apr 1903 Pike Co KY to James W Wright b 1862
2. Henry H Quillen b 14 Jan 1887 Letcher Co KY d 8 Jan 1973 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; m. 7 Jan 1909 Letcher Co KY to Martha Elizabeth Bentley b 9 Nov 1889 Neon, Letcher Co KY d 4 Jan 1918 Neon, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Quiller Bentley and Ellender Bates. Henry H Quillen m. 10 Jun 1918 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY to Leanza Caudill b abt 1901 Eolia, Letcher Co KY d Jan 1923 Neon, Letcher Co KY; buried Neon, Letcher Co KY. Henry H Quillen m. 24 Jul 1923 to Martha Jane Hall b 19 Oct 1908 SeCo Letcher Co KY d 16 Aug 1988 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; d/o Preston Hall and Alice Unknown.
3. Bea Quillen b 20 Oct 1888 Letcher Co KY d 31 Oct 1950 Hazard, Perry Co KY; m. Mausey Cheek b 1909 Bell Co KY. Children of Bea Quillen and Mausey Cheek;
i. Julia Quillen b 07 Aug 1923 Letcher Co KY
ii. Bea Dow Quillen b 10 Apr 1925 Letcher Co KY d 9 Jul 1941 Hazard, Perry Co KY
iii. Roscoe Quillen b 20 Apr 1928 Letcher Co KY d 18 Jan 1982 Fayette Co KY
4. Joseph Quillen b 2 Aug 1890 Letcher Co KY d 15 Dec 1946 Neon, Letcher Co KY; buried Holbrook Cemetery, Haymond, Letcher Co KY; m. Necey Holbrook b 25 Dec 1894 Letcher Co KY d 26 Jul 1969 Jenkins, Letcher Co KY; buried William B Holbrook Cemetery, Tolliver Town, Letcher Co KY
5. Crit Quillen b 12 Dec 1893 KY d 27 Dec 1964 Letcher Co KY; m. Mary Hall (Howell) b 1909 VA. Children of Crit Quillen and Mary Hall (Howell);
i. Cann Quillen b 23 Nov 1926 Letcher Co KY; m. Female Harper
ii. Bea Quillen (m) b 4 Dec 1928 Neon, Letcher Co KY d 6 Dec 1928 Letcher Co KY
iii. Myrtle Quillen b 1929 KY
iv. Jeanette Quillen; m. Johnny Gibson
v. Zack Quillen b 31 Aug 1936 Letcher Co KY d 8 Nov 2003 Lorain, OH; m. Female Bentley. Zack Quillen m. Joann Bowen.
vi. Louise Quillen; m. Male Goodman
vii. Male Quillen m. Female Burleson
viii. Male Quillen; m. Female Webb.
Andrew Drewry Quillen
and Louvina Viney Fouts
Andrew Drewry Quillen b 1840 Perry Co KY d 20 Aug 1918; military (name spelled Quillan in roster), 13th KY Cav Co D; s/o Henry Quillen and Elizabeth M Wright. Andrew Drewry Quillen m. Louvina Viney Fouts b 1846. Children of Andrew Drewry Quillen and Louvina Viney Fouts;
1. James Quillen b 1865 KY
2. Susan Quillen b 1866 KY
3. Hannah Quillen b 02 Aug 1866 Dean, Letcher Co KY d 6 Jan 1946 Letcher Co KY
4. Mary E Quillen b 1868 KY; m. 23 Feb 1888 Letcher Co KY to Tandy Johnson
5. Frankie Quillen b 1871 KY
6. Samuel Quillen b 1873 Floyd Co KY d 7 Sept 1875 Letcher Co KY
7. Minnie Quillen b Oct 1878 Letcher Co KY d 18 Nov 1945 McRoberts, Letcher Co KY; m. Daniel Batson
8. Catherine Quillen b Jul 1879 KY d about 1903; m. 8 Aug 1893 Letcher Co KY to Henry Perry b 1875 VA d 1942. Children of Henry Perry and Catherine Quillen; i. Robert Perry b 1895 KY ii. Nancy Perry b 1897 KY iii. Furl Perry b 1899 KY
9. Minda Quillen (f) b Jun 1881 KY
10. Malen Quillen (m) b Jun 1881 KY; m. 26 Nov 1903 Letcher Co KY to Arminda C Bentley b 1877 KY. Children of Malen Quillen and Arminda C Bentley;
i. Joe Quillen b 1907 KY
ii. William Quillen b 1909 KY
iii. Dow Quillen b 07 Sept 1911 Greenup Co KY
iv. Juda Quillen b 1915 KY
v. Henry Quillen b 13 Jun 1916 Greenup Co KY
vi. Nancy Quillen b 13 Jun 1916 Greenup Co KY
vii. Liza Quillen b 1919 KY
Andrew Drewry Quillen
and Susannah Sukey Adams
Andrew Drewry Quillen b 1840 Perry Co KY d 20 Aug 1918; military (name spelled Quillan in roster), 13th KY Cav Co D; s/o Henry Quillen and Elizabeth M Wright. Andrew Drewry Quillen m. 6 Sept 1894 Letcher Co KY to Susannah Sukey Adams b 1872 KY. Children of Andrew Drewry Quillen and Susannah Sukey Adams;
1. William Dow Quillen b 2 Apr 1895 KY d 14 Jun 1953 Seco, Letcher Co KY; buried Whitaker Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; m. Julia Vanhouse b 1902 KY. Children of William Dow Quillen and Julia Vanhouse; i. George M Quillen b 1919 KY ii. William D Quillen iii. James M Quillen b 13 Feb 1923 Perry Co KY iv. Geneva Ruth Quillen b 2 May 1925 Perry Co KY v. Pauline Quillen b 29 May 1927 Perry Co KY vi. Edward D Quillen b 15 Sept 1929 Perry Co KY vii. 6 more children.
2. Lettisha Quillen b 1897 KY; m. Teddy Bentley
3. Nannie Quillen b 1901 KY
4. Francis Quillen b 1903 KY
Obituary: Zack Quillen
31 Aug 1936 - 8 Nov 2003
Zack Quillen, 67, of Lorain, died Saturday at Community Health Partners after a short illness. Born Neon, Ky., he had lived Lorain since 1959.
He was a retired spray painter for the Ford Motor Co., retiring 1991. Mr. Quillen and his wife also owned and operated the former Blue Marlin Lounge Lorain from 1995 to 1999.
He enjoyed fishing and dancing.
Survivors include his wife of seven years, Joann (nee Bowens) Quillen; daughters Carol Cambria and Linda Hoover, both of Sheffield Lake, and Diane Cart of Louisville, Ky.; four grandchildren; a great-grandchild; a sister, Jeanette Gibson of Lorain; and brothers Cann of Jacksonville, Fla., James of Sheffield Lake, and Mackie of Cainsboro, Va.
He was preceded death by his parents, Crit and Mary (nee Howell) Quillen; a son, Zack Wayne Quillen; a grandson Anthony Cambria; and a sister, Louise Goodman.
Friends may call 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Schwartz, Spence, Boyer and Cool Home for Funerals, 1124 W. Fifth St., Lorain, where services will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. Brother Everett Gipson, pastor of Full Gospel Tabernacle, will officiate.
Burial will be Ridge Hill Memorial Park, Amherst Township.
Memorials may be made to American Lung Association of Ohio's South Shore, 226 state Route 61 east, Norwalk 44857, American Cancer Society, 43099 North Ridge Road, Elyria, 44035, or Northern Ohio Heart Center through the funeral home. Published Nov. 8, 2003.