George Washington Vineyard
and Margaret Elizabeth Agee
George Washington Vineyard b 10 May 1838 Hiltons, Scott Co VA d 14 Nov 1892 Fairview, Scott Co VA of laryngitis; s/o George Washington Vineyard and Hannah Hart. George Washington Vineyard m. m. 1 Sept 1859 Gate City, Scott Co VA to Margaret Elizabeth Agee b 31 Jan 1840 Scott Co VA d 13 Feb 1900 Fairview, Scott Co VA; d/o Lawrence Agee and Mary Cattron. Children of George Washington Vineyard and Margaret Elizabeth Agee;
1. Sarah Louise Scott Vineyard b 14 Jun 1860 Estillville, Scott Co VA d 2 Apr 1906 Hot Springs, Garland Co Arkansas; m. 19 Sept 1889 Scott Co VA to Charles Wesley Vaughan b 17 Apr 1864 Kingsport, Sullivan TN d 21 Mar 1927 Ridgeway TN. Children of Charles Wesley Vaughan and Sarah Louise Scott Vineyard; i. John Pierce Vaughan b 25 Mar 1891 Scott Co VA ii. Bessie Elza May Vaughan b 13 Nov 1892 Dallas TX iii. Kenneth Charles Vaughan b 7 Nov 1894 Dallas TX iv. Lloyd Henderson VAughan b 3 Dec 1901 TX
2. John William Lee Vineyard b 13 Jan 1862 d 13 Jan 1934 Dallas TX; m. 25 Dec 1890 Dallas TX to Fannie Bell Parker b 15 Nov 1870 Dallas TX d 5 Feb 1941 Dallas TX. Children of John William Lee Vineyard and Fannie Bell Parker; i. Robert Lawrence Vineyard b 12 Feb 1891 Dallas TX ii. Homer Vineyard b 19 Sept 1894 Dallas TX iii. Eunice Mattie Vineyard b 16 Nov 1896 Dallas TX
3. James Henry Lawrence Vineyard b 12 May 1866 d 7 Aug 1909 TN; m. 2 Feb 1893 Scott Co VA to Julia Ritta Robinette b 15 Jul 1871 Scott Co VA d 12 Jan 1962 Scott Co VA.
4. Lizzie Ida May Vineyard b 9 Nov 1868 d 10 Apr 1901 Dallas TX; m. 1893 Scott Co VA to William Jack Amburn b abt 1860 Scott Co VA d 24 Jan 1908 VA
5. Cordelia Cuba Pharion Vineyard b 13 Feb 1871 d 19 Mar 1947 Dallas TX; m. 28 Dec 1890 Scott Co VA to Edward D Paschall b 29 Apr 1866 Dallas TX d 12 Aug 1948 Dallas TX; s/o William George Washington Paschall and Mary Ann Johnson.
6. Robert Auborn Richmond Vineyard b 30 May 1873 d 14 Jan 1957 Dallas TX; buried Mesquite City Cemetery, Mesquite, Dallas TX; occupation, school teacher county schools, and Dallas Co TX tax official; m. 19 Jun 1904 Mesquite, Dallas Co TX to Lottie Lenore New b 15 Aug 1877 Martinsburg, Keokuk IA d 29 May 1922 Dallas, Dallas Co TX; buried Mesquite City Cemetery, Mesquite, Dallas Co TX; d/o Ambrose Calhoun New and Mary Malissia Ann Porter. Children of Robert Auborn Richmond Vineyard and Lottie Lenore New; i. Robert Ambrose Vineyard b 24 May 1905 Dallas, Dallas Co TX ii. Mary Margaret Margie Vineyard b 11 Aug 1907 Dallas, Dallas Co TX iii. Georgia Imogene Vineyard b 22 Feeb 1909 Dallas, Dallas Co TX iv. Bernice Anita Vineyard b 29 Jul 1911 Dallas, Dallas Co TX v. Truett Leroy Vineyard b 4 Aug 1914 Dallas, Dallas Co TX.
Lottie Lenore New m. 6 Mar 1897 Dallas, Dallas Co TX to I P Cloyse b 9 Mar 1873 d 10 Oct 1897 Dallas, Dallas Co TX
7. Mary Martha Catherine Vineyard b 24 Oct 1875 d 12 Mar 1888 Hiltons, Scott Co VA
8. Hannah Ollie Jeanette Vineyard b 2 Feb 1878 Gate City, Scott Co VA; buried Restland Memorial Park, Richardson, Dallas Co TX; m. abt 1902 Dallas, Dallas Co TX to James Polk Paschall b 5 Mar 1868 Henry Co TN d 16 Nov 1931 Dallas, Dallas Co TX
9. Maggie Lillie Parmelia Vineyard b 14 Mar 1880 d 29 Jan 1900 Dallas, Dallas Co TX
10. Anna Ora Matilda Vineyard b 18 Sept 1882 d 2 Jan 1923 Dallas, Dallas Co TX; m. 23 Jun 1907 VA to Henry Alfred Cougherty b 17 Oct 1859 Scott Co VA d 9 Dec 1932 Dallas, Dallas Co TX; s/o Nathan B Dougherty and Sarah Ellen Perry. Children of Henry Alfred Dougherty and Anna Ora Matilda Vineyard; i. Henry Alfred Dougherty b 15 May 1908 Scott Co VA ii. John Robert Dougherty b 19 Nov 1909 Scott Co VA iii. Charlie Marion Dougherty b 17 Jul 1912 Scott Co VA
11. Lilly S Vineyard
Obituary of Edward D Paschall
Husband of Cordelia Cuba Pharion Vineyard
Dallas Morning News 13 Aug 1948. Ed D. Paschall, Kidsí Friend, Succumbs at 82 After Illness. Ed D. Paschall, 82, Uncle Ed to many generations of Mesquite youngsters, died at a Dallas hospital Thursday after an illness of several weeks.
Paschallís tall, erect figure was a landmark in the Long Creek community where he lived all his life. At various times he had been in the hardware, automobile and real estate business, but his love was farming. He farmed his own land until just a few years before his death. A devout Methodist, he was for sixty-five years superintendent and teacher of the largest menís Bible class in Dallas County. Even blindness, which struck when he was in his late seventies, could not keep him away from his classroom. He would have his wife read the lessons to him, be sure he knew it perfectly, and then teach it by rote the next morning. When his wife died some years ago he went to live with a daughter, Mrs. Homer B. Wyatt, 1802 Idaho, who now survives. Even then he kept on with his teaching. With his love of God and of the soil was his love of youth. He encouraged youngsters to come to him with their problems, and from them he picked up the name, Uncle Ed. Services will be at 4 pm Friday at the Mesquite Methodist Church. Burial will be in Long Creek Cemetery. Besides his daughter, survivors include one sister, Mrs. Mattie Mathis, Mesquite; three grandsons and two great-granddaughters. Burial: Long Creek Cemetery, Sunnyvale, Dallas Co TX. Created by: Robert Bennett. Record added: Jan 31, 2006. Find A Grave Memorial# 13196167
Obituary of Cuba Pharian Vineyard Paschall
Dallas Morning News 20 Mar 1949: Mrs. Paschall Dies; Former Teacher. Mrs. Cuba Pharian Paschall, 76, od Mesquite, a resident of Texas fifty-nine years, died Wednesday at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Homer B. Wyatt, 1802 Idaho.
A native of Gate City, Va., she came to Texas when she was17, to teach in Long Creek Schools near Mesquite.
Surviving are her husband, Ed D. Paschall; her daughter; a brother, R. A. Vineyard; a sister, Mrs. J. P. Paschall; three grandchild and two great-grandchildren, all of Dallas. Services will be at 3 p.m. Thursday in the First Methodist Church of Mesquite. Burial will be in Long Creek Cemetery. Burial: Long Creek Cemetery, Sunnyvale, Dallas Co TX.