James H. Breeding b 26 Sep 1849 d 8 May 1924; s/o Elisha Breeding and Melinda Stamper. Jame H Breeding m. 18 Apr 1872 to Vina Cody b 12 Jan 1852 d 27 May 1916; d/o Jahue Cody. James H Breeding m. after 1917 to M. Brown b 12 Jan 1853. Children of James H Breeding and Vina Cody;
1. Elizabeth Betsy Breeding b 27 Dec 1874 d 22 Dec 1932 at age 57 years, m. John Smith b 8 Jan 1871 d 25 Apr 1929 at age 58 years; s/o Jeremiah Jake Smith and Elizabeth Stacy.
2. Cinda Breeding b 9 Mar 1877
3. Mary "Polly" Breeding b 30 Mar 1879
4. William Breeding b 1 Jan 1881
5. John D. Breeding b 18 Oct 1883 d 2 Sept 1936 Hazard, Perry Co KY as a result of an appendectomy performed at Hazard Hospital, Hazard, Perry Co KY. John D Breeding m. Martha Isom b 22 Jan 1887; d/o James Isom and Polly Victoria Cornett.
6. Nannie Belle Breeding b 4 Nov 1884 d 22 Jul 1926 age 41; m. John Riley Smith b abt 1882 KY d 20 Feb 1940 of heart failure; buried Old Hill Cemetery, Vicco, KY; s/o Hilliard J Smith and Armelda Combs.
7. Tina Breeding b 14 Dec 1886
8. Allie Breeding b 5 Jun 1889
9. Hettie Breeding b 16 Apr 1891 d 19 Mar 1908; 16 years of age. Per Carl Breeding, Hettie Breeding never married.
10. Elihu Breeding b 10 Dec 1893
11. Bertha Breeding b 12 Sep 1896
More about James H Breeding
Jame's H Breeding's occupation: farmer who owned a country feed store. James H Breeding was listed as the head of a family on the 1880 Census in Letcher Co, KY. James was listed as the head of a family on the 1900 Census in Knott Co, KY. James was listed as the head of a family on the 1910 Census in Knott Co, KY. Per Carl Breeding: "He (James H Breeding) was a farmer and had a country store. They reared their family on the head of Breeding's Creek, Knott County, Kentucky. They are buried there. They were my good grandparents we called them, because when we visited them we got candy from the store and she always had some old fashioned gingerbread for us. I'll never forget the night, about midnight, when my dad answered the telephone, I could hear weeping through the receiver as he talked. He turned and said "Mother is dead." Our good grandmother had died of a heart attack. I was eight years old."