and Billie Jean Little
Gene Fleming and Billie Jean Little
Eugene "Gene" Fleming b 3 Sept 1933 d May 2015; s/o
John Jefferson "Bloomer John" Fleming and Bessie Ellen Stewart. Eugene "Gene" Fleming m. 6 Dec 1951 to Billie Jean Little 14 Jul 1934; d/o Sherd Little. Children of Eugene "Gene" Fleming and Billie Jean Little;
1. David "Jimbo" Fleming b 25 Jan 1953 m. 31 Dec 1971 to Essie Tolson b 13 Mar 1953. David Jimbo Fleming m. 2nd to Linda Tony. Children of David "Jimbo" Fleming and Essie Tolson;
i. Crissy Fleming b 22 Jun 1973 d 24 Jun 1973
ii. Missy Fleming b 22 Jun 1973.
iii. John Fleming b 25 Jan 1975.
2. Stevie Fleming b 29 Sept 1955 m. 1st 13 Mar 1973 to Wilma Bentley. Children of Stevie Fleming and Wilma Bentley;
i. Stevan Ray Fleming b 6 Nov 1976.
Stevie Fleming m. 16 Nov 1984 to Janet Lee Banks b 22 Mar 1952. Children of Stevie Fleming and Janet Lee Banks;
i. Deven Chase Fleming b 21 Feb 1986
ii. Shane Allen Fleming b 23 May 1987
3. Barry Fleming b 24 Feb 1958 m. 1st 3 Jan 1976 to Frances Phillips. Barry Fleming m. 2nd to Delene Beauparlant. Child of Barry Fleming and Frances Phillips;
i. Lori Fleming b 28 Aug 1976
4. Sharon Fleming b 19 Oct 1960 m. 10 May 1983 to William Day Smallwood b 4 May 1962. Sharon Fleming m. 1st to Joey Hughes. Children of William Day Smallwood and Sharon Fleming;
i. Joshua Lee Smallwood b 8 Jun 1984
ii. Jodie Smallwood b 26 Jan 1986
5. Freida Fleming b 19 Jul 1965
6. Shannon Fleming b 18 Mar 1971; m 14 Feb 1993 to Anthony Potter b 19 Jan 1968. Child of Anthony Potter and Shannon Fleming;
i. Samantha Dawn Potter b 21 Apr 1994
Eugene “Gene” Fleming passed away on
May 14th in his home in McRoberts, Kentucky. Gene was the son of the late John and Bessie (Stewart) Fleming. He was born in Etty, Kentucky on September 3rd,1932.
Gene leaves behind his wife of 63 years, Billie Jean (Little) Fleming, his sons David “Jimbo” Fleming (Linda), Steve Fleming, Barry Fleming (Claudette), his daughters Sharon Smallwood (Billy), Freida Fleming, and Shannon Potter, his sister Mable Johnson and brother Willard Fleming (Barb), along with 13 grandchildren and 17 great grandchildren, to mourn his passing.
Gene loved his wife and family and he never met a stranger. He loved his antique cars and was a retired
coal miner who adored his job, and he was a UMWA member for 67 years. He was preceded in death by daughter-in-law Jan (Banks) Fleming and grandchildren Crissie Fleming, Hayleigh Marie and Harlan Dale
Visitation will be held on Friday May 15, 2015 after 6:00 PM and Saturday May 16, 2015 from 4:00-10:00 PM
at Carty Funeral Home, Neon, Kentucky. Funeral services will be held on Sunday May 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM at the funeral home, with Mark Wagoner officiating. Interment will follow at Green Acres Cemetery, Ermine, Kentucky.