Harvey G Franklin b 28 Jan 1860 VA d 1 Feb 1949 Letcher Co KY; buried Combs Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; s/o James S Bradley Franklin and Didema Hall. Harvey G Franklin m. 19 May 1881 Letcher Co KY to Evaline Combs b 7 Mar 1863 Letcher Co KY d 21 Sept 1948; buried Combs Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; d/o Russell Hacker Combs and Leodicia M Polly. Children of Harvey G Franklin and Evaline Combs;
1. Elizabeth Marilyn Lizzie Franklin b 13 Aug 1882 Thornton, Letcher Co KY
2. Mary Polly Franklin b 23 JUL 1884 Letcher Co KY d 5 Jun 1989 Letcher Co KY; buried Evergreen Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; m. Alvin Hall b 8 Aug 1887 Pike Co KY d 27 Dec 1974 Letcher Co KY; buried Evergreen Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; s/o Joseph Leonard Hall and Sarah Caudill.
3. James Bradley Franklin b 30 Aug 1886 Letcher Co KY
4. Liza Evelyn Franklin b 7 Dec 1889 Letcher Co KY
5. Shadrack Franklin b 15 Oct 1892 Letcher Co KY
6. Rhoda Franklin b 30 Dec 1893 Letcher Co KY
7. George W Franklin b 12 Aug 1896 KY
8. Hattie Jean Franklin b 9 Dec 1897 KY
9. Gladys Nannie Franklin b 12 May 1901 KY
10. Elza M Franklin b 6 Sept 1903 Letcher Co KY
11. John A Franklin b 18 Aug 1906 Letcher Co KY
According to a statement by Harve Hall 1996, his grandfather Harve Franklin was probably baseborn, or illegitimate. He was raised by an uncle, whom Harve Hall identified as Green Franklin. Almost certainly, this was a mistake, and the uncle was probably Greenway Green Hall, who married Mary Elizabeth Franklin, the sister of James Bradley Franklin.
At the time of the 1870 Letcher County census, he was reported as residing the household of his grandparents, Bird and Agnes Franklin.
At various times Harve Franklin lived on Crafts Colley Letcher County and Left Beaver Floyd County.
Harve was a tall man; his grandchildren recall that he had to stoop to pass through the doorways of their house. They suggest he was approximately 6' 6" or 6' 7" tall.