Alexander "Elic" Hall
and Clarinda Hall
Alexander "Elic" Hall (aka Alex) b 1 Dec 1865 Letcher Co KY d 6 Jun 1955 Knott Co KY, buried Baker Cemetery, Colson, Letcher Co KY; s/o Anthony "Big Tony" Hall and Dicy Childers. Alexander "Elic" Hall (aka Alex) m. 9 Oct 1890 Letcher Co KY (Marriage Book #9), to Clerinda Hall b 8 Jun 1866 Letcher Co KY d 10 Jun 1914 Letcher Co KY of Tuberculosis, buried Baker Cemetery, Colson, Letcher Co KY; d/o John Hall and Cornelia Hall. Children of Alexander "Elic" Hall (aka Alex) and Clerinda Hall;
1. Ella Jane Hall b 18 Apr 1888 d 7 Jun 1971; buried Colson, Letcher Co KY, m. John "Dock" Collins b 16 Apr 1889 d 3 Jun 1966; buried Colson, Letcher Co KY. Children of John "Dock" Collins Ella Jane Hall;
I. Arlie Collins b about 1915 d 23 JAN 2005 Whitesburg Appalachian Regional Hospital, Whitesburg, Letcher County, KY; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY, m. 1937 to Georgia Marie Adams.
2. Van Hall b 14 Apr 1889.
3. Alexander "Alex" Hall b 1890
4. Carrie Hall b 24 Feb 1891 m. about 1920 to John Robinson.
5. Joseph "Joe" Hall b 12 Sept 1894 d 28 Jul 1990, buried Hall Cemetery, Crafts Colley Ermine, Letcher Co KY m. about 1914 1st to Matilda Mullins b 2 May 1894 KY d 23 May 1988 Letcher Co KY, d/o Alexander "Alec" Mullins and Franky Jane Hall. Matilda Mullins m. 2nd to King Potter b 17 Oct 1900 d 9 Feb 1946 Letcher Co KY buried Isaac Potter Cemetery, Neon, KY; s/o James Potter 1870 and Louise Hall. Joseph Joe Hall m. 5 Feb 1921 Letcher Co KY to 2nd, Cordelia "Delia" Stallard b 23 Dec 1899 Letcher Co KY d 7 Jun 1976 MI, buried Hall Cemetery, Crafts Colley, Ermine, Letcher Co KY, d/o Jesse Clay Stallard and Elizabeth Adams.
6. Willie Hall b 12 Sept 1894 d 1909, buried Colson, Letcher Co KY. (Source).
7. Lizzie Hall b 1 Apr 1896 d Jul 1994 Knott Co KY m. Eppie Holbrook.
8. Walter Hall b 17 Nov 1898 d 27 Aug 1985 Knott Co KY buried Camp Branch, Letcher Co KY m. about 1914 to Maggie Vance b 4 Feb 1899 d 20 May 1979 Perry Co KY, d/o Austin Calvin Vance and Eliza Pigman.
9. Martha Hall b 15 Feb 1899.
10. Nancy Hall b 1899.
11. John D Hall b 1900 d 1902; buried Colson, Letcher Co KY.
12. Anthony Tony Hall b 11 Jun 1901 Letcher Co KY d 2 Feb 1987 Martin, Floyd Co KY, m. 1925 to Liza Meade b 16 May 1906 Letcher Co KY d 20 Aug 1994 McDowell, Floyd Co KY, d/o John Paul Meade and Polly Ann Bentley.
13. Bascum George Hall b 7 Feb 1904 Letcher Co KY d 11 Oct 1987 Letcher Co KY m. 22 Feb 1927 Polly Ann Nora Vance b 30 Sept 1905, d/o Austin Calvin Vance and Eliza Pigman. Children of Bascum George Hall and Polly Ann Nora Vance;
I. Delmer G Hall b about 1938 d 9 Aug 2007, OH buried Arlington Cemetery Brookville, OH, m. Ruth McLin. Children of Delmer G Hall and Ruth McLin;
i. Alice Hall
ii. Tresia Hall
iii. Tammy Hall
iv. Roger Hall
v. Greg Hall
vi. Delmer Hall Jr
Obituary, Delmer Hall: Former Whitesburg man Delmer Hall dies in Ohio; Delmer G. Hall, 69, of Huber Heights, Ohio, formerly of Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY, died August 9, 2007. Born in Letcher County, Kentucky, he was a son of the late Bascum and Polly Ann Vance. He was a brother of the late Harold Hall, Billy Hall, and Mary Rose Stephens, and the grandfather of the late Andrew John Hall. Surviving are his wife, Ruth McLin Hall; children, Alice, Tresia, Tammy, Roger, Greg, and Delmer Jr.; two brothers, James Hall, Thornton, and Edd Hall, Ohio; three sisters, Gyrt Cook, Thornton; Sue of Ohio, and Betty of West Virginia; 14 grandchildren, and 14 great-grandchildren. Burial was in Arlington Cemetery in Brookville, Ohio.
II. Harold Hall
III. Billy Hall
IV. Mary Rose Hall m. Male Stephens
V. James Hall
VI. Edd Hall
VII. Gyrt Hall m. Male Cook
VIII. Sue Hall
IX. Betty Hall
14. Della Hall b 7 Feb 1904 Letcher Co KY.
15. Charlie Hall b 23 May 1905 d 1907 Colson, Letcher Co KY.
16. Marion Hall b 1906 d 1908 buried Colson, Letcher Co KY.
17. Elzie Hall b 1912 d 1915 buried Colson, Letcher Co KY.
Alexander Elic Hall
and Martha Kiser
Alexander "Elic" Hall (aka Alex) b 1 Dec 1865 Letcher Co KY d 6 Jun 1955 Knott Co KY, buried Baker Cemetery, Colson, Letcher Co KY; s/o Anthony "Big Tony" Hall and Dicy Childers. Alexander Elic Hall (aka Alex) m. 12 Mar 1917 Martha Kiser b Jul 1862; d/o Namon Kiser and Thursa Sykes.
The marriage license listed Alex Hall, widower, son of Tony Hall and __ _ Childers, and Martha Crase, 50, widow, daughter of Namon Kiser and Thursa Sikes. The marriage was performed by Arch Lucas.
and Charles Crase
Martha Kiser b Jul 1862, d/o Namon Kiser and Thursa Sykes. Martha Kiser m. (1) to Charles Crase b Jun 1859 d before Mar 1917; s/o James M. Crase and Elizabeth Stallard.
Photos and information on this page submitted by Hazel Potter Thompson and Bertha Hall. Also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.