and Matilda Mullins
King Potter and Billy Strange
King Potter b 16 Oct 1900 KY d 9 Feb 1946 Letcher Co KY; buried Potter Cemetery, Neon, Letcher Co KY; s/o James Potter and Louisa Hall. King Potter m. Matilda Mullins b 2 May 1894 KY d 23 May 1988 Letcher Co KY; d/o Alexander "Alec" Mullins and Franky Jane Hall. Children of King Potter and Matilda Mullins;
L-R Back: Hazel, King and Curt Potter. L-R Front: Lizzie and Bundy Potter
1. Curtis C Potter b 1 July 1917 d 8 Mar 1986 Letcher Co KY; m. 2nd 15 Nov 1947 Neon, KY to Alice Marie McPeek b 21 Nov 1906 Clintwood VA d 30 Jun 1989 Jackhorn, Letcher Co, KY. Alice Marie McPeek m. 1st Frank Belcher. Curtis C Potter m. 1st to Ellen Bartley.
2. Hazel Potter b 8 May 1921 and died 10 May 2001; m. Russell Kiser b 1916 d 6 Dec 1977 Letcher Co KY; s/o Samuel Blaine Kiser and Alifair Combs.
3. Granville "Bundy" Potter b 15 April 1923 Letcher Co KY d 1 Jan 1997; m. 20 Oct 1941 to (1) Georgia Taylor b 1926; d/o Luther Taylor and Virgie Taylor. Granville Bundy Potter m. to (2) Lillie May Dean b 23 Oct 1922 d 23 Nov 1999.
4. Lizzie Potter b 5 July 1927; m. (1) to Morgan Mullins d 1968; in a car accident; s/o Fairbanks Mullins. Lizzie Potter m. (2) to Cecil Haddix.
5. King "Pete" Potter Jr b 6 Aug 1929 d 11 Jun 1964; m. Elouise Belcher; d/o Frank Belcher and Alice Marie McPeek. Elouise Belcher m. Edgar Wilson.
6. James Irvin Potter b 1 Jun 1932 d 26 Nov 1936 possibly in a fire in Ram's Horn, Neon, KY.
and Joseph Joe Hall
Matilda Mullins b 2 May 1894 KY d 23 May 1988 Letcher Co KY; d/o Alexander "Alec" Mullins and Franky Jane Hall. Matilda Mullins m. to (1) Joseph Joe Hall b 12 Sept 1894 d 28 Jul 1990; buried Hall Cemetery, Crafts Colley Ermine, Letcher Co KY; s/o Alexander Hall and Clarinda Hall.
Joseph Joe Hall
and Cordelia Stallard
Joseph Joe Hall b 12 Sept 1894 d 28 Jul 1990; buried Hall Cemetery, Crafts Colley Ermine, Letcher Co KY; s/o Alexander Hall and Clarinda Hall. Joseph Joe Hall m. 5 Feb 1921 Letcher Co KY to Cordelia "Delia" Stallard b 23 Dec 1899 Letcher Co KY d 7 Jun 1976 MI; buried Hall Cemetery, Crafts Colley, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; d/o Jesse Clay Stallard and Elizabeth Adams.
Obituary of Matilda Mullins Potter
2 May 1894 - 23 May 1988
Obituary of Matilda Mullins Potter: Matilda Potter, daughter of the late Alex and Frankie Jane Hall Mullins, was born at Puncheon, Kentucky on May 2 1894. She passed from this life enroute to the Whitesburg Hospital on May 23, 1988 Making her stay here on earth 94 years and 21 days. "Til" married King Potter on February 23, 1921 at Neon, Kentucky. He preceded her in death on February 9, 1946. Also preceding her were sons: Curtis, King Jr. and James Irvin Potter. She had been in poor health for the past five years and very sick since October of 1987. "Til" has been a member of the Old Regular Baptist Church for over 39 years. "Til" is survived by daughters: Annie Sarlouis of Detroit, Michigan; Hazel Kiser of Jackhorn, Kentucky; Lizzie Haddix of Indianapolis, Indiana; sons: Granville "Bundy" Potter of Naples, Florida; sisters: Diana Quillen of Whitaker, Kentucky; Lina Blair of Lexington, Kentucky; Quinton Mullins of Kite, Kentucky; Charlie Mullins of Cornersville, Indiana; John V. Mullins of Greenfield, Indiana. Also surviving are 19 grandchildren; 66 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren and a host of other relatives and friends to mourn her passing.