Abraham Lincoln Johnson
and Freelove Johnson
Abraham Lincoln Johnson b 18 Jun 1888 Speight KY d 22 Jan 1966 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; s/o Bailey "Bail" Johnson Jr and Clerinda Burke. Abraham Lincoln Johnson m. 16 Aug 1916 Speight KY to Freelove Johnson b 26 Apr 1893 Speight, Pike Co KY d 19 Apr 1976 Whitesburg Letcher Co KY; age 83; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; d/o Winfield Scott Johnson and Sarah Ann Lovene Fleming. Children of Abraham Lincoln Johnson and Freelove Johnson;
1. Lilly Ann Johnson b 17 Oct 1917 Pigeon Roost, Letcher Co KY; m. (1) to Carlos Hayes. Lilly Ann Johnson m. (2) to Sam Robinson.
2. William Elisha Johnson b 21 Apr 1921 Pigeon Roost, Letcher Co KY d 11 May 1968 Jackhorn, KY; age 47
3. James Sherman Johnson b 27 Mar 1923 Pigeon Roost, Letcher Co KY d 1 Jul 1996 Marion OH; age 73; m. Darrell Greer. James Sherman Johnson m. (2) Arlene Unknown.
4. Lafayette Johnson b 9 Mar 1925 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY d 12 Jul 1946 Hemphill, KY; age 21; killed in a mining accident; m. 24 Feb 1946 to Analene Johnson.
5. Roy Lee Johnson b 7 Nov 1927 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; m. 30 Mar 1948 to Margaret Cornett
6. Zella Mae Johnson b 29 Jun 1930 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; m. (1) to Willie Winstead. Zella Mae Johnson m. (2) to Alonzo Caudill.
7. Morgan Luther Jack Johnson b 24 Jan 1933 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; m. 22 Dec 1953 Fleming, KY to Phyllis Ann Boyd b 16 Dec 1934 Seco, Letcher Co KY d 11 Jul 2016 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; buried Haven of Rest Cemetery, Mayking, KY; d/o John Emanuel Boyd and Martha Sieber. Children of Morgan Luther Jack Johnson and Phyllis Ann Boyd;
i. Travis Johnson
ii. Palma Lynn Johnson b 17 Sept 1956; m. 21 Jun 1975 James Chris Fleming b 7 Aug 1955; s/o Clinton Fleming and Lessie Mae Johnson.
Freelove Johnson and
John Edward Johnny Belcher
Freelove Johnson b 26 Apr 1893 Speight, Pike Co KY d 19 Apr 1976 Whitesburg Letcher Co KY; age 83; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; d/o Winfield Scott Johnson and Sarah Ann Lovene Fleming. Freelove Johnson m. 12 Jan 1913 Dickenson Co VA to John "Johnny" Edward Belcher Sr b Pike Co KY d Shelby Gap, Pike Co KY; s/o William Lee Belcher and Tobitha McPeek. Children of John Edward Johnny Belcher Sr and Freelove Johnson;
1. John Edward Johnny Belcher b abt 1915 Pike Co KY d 12 Feb 1965 Shelby Gap, Pike Co KY; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; m. Sarah Frances Bentley. Children of John Edward Belcher and Sarah Frances Bentley; i. Samuel Lee Belcher ii. Bettye Jo Belcher iii. Allene Belcher iv. Shirley Belcher v. Cassie Sue Belcher; m. Male Mulder. Child; Michele Mulder vi. Grace Belcher vii. Tracey Rick d 7 Oct 1974; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Letcher Co KY
John Edward Johnny Belcher m. (2) Gertrude Pratt
2. Grace Gracie Belcher b 21 Oct 1913 Dorton, Pike Co KY d 28 Dec 1988 McRoberts, Letcher Co KY; m. 19 Mar 1932 to Morgan Hall b 1 Oct 1902 d 30 Apr 1975 Letcher Co KY; s/o Jonathan Donny Hall and Savannah Bentley.
Obituary: Phyllis Ann Boyd Johnson
16 Dec 1934 - 11 Jul 2016
Phyllis Ann Boyd Johnson, age 81, of Jackhorn, Kentucky, passed away on July 11, 2016 at the Appalachain Regional Hospital of Whitesburg, Kentucky. She was born on December 16, 1934 in Seco, Kentucky and spent most of her life in Letcher County, Kentucky. Ms. Johnson attended the McRoberts Church of Christ.
Phyllis was married to the late, Morgan Luther Johnson. She is the daughter of the late Emanuel and Martha Sieber Boyd. She was also preceded in death by her brother, Ray Boyd and her sister, Geraldine Mullins.
Ms. Johnson is survived by her son, Travis Johnson, of Louisville, Kentucky and her daughter, Palma (Chris) Fleming, of Jackhorn, Kentucky; two grandchildren: Philip (Polly) Fleming, of Kings Mountain, North Carolina and Amber (Mike) Fields, of Jackhorn, Kentucky; one great-grandchild, Bellamie Fleming; one sister, Elizabeth “Tincy” Ward, of Versailles, Kentucky. Also she leaves behind a little fat dog and a host of relatives and friends. Visitation will be held on Wednesday July 13, 2016 and Thursday July 14, 2016 from 6:00-9:00 PM at Carty Funeral Homes Neon Chapel, Neon, Kentucky. Funeral services will be held on Friday July 15, 2016 at 1:00 PM at the funeral home, with Johnny Johnson officiating. Interment will follow at Haven of Rest Cemetery, Mayking, Kentucky