Joel Martin Wright b about 1785 d 1834 McRoberts, Letcher Co KY; buried McRoberts, Letcher Co KY; s/o Solomon H Wright and Rachel Pickering (speculation). Joel Martin Wright m. about 1807 Russell Co VA to Susannah Unknown b about 1785 VA d Apr 1860 Letcher Co KY; 74 years of age; buried McRoberts, KY. (1850 Letcher Co KY Census). Children of Joel Martin Wright and Susannah Unknown;
1. Margaret Wright b about 1809 Russell Co VA d after 1860 Letcher Co KY. Listed in 1860 Census in HH 128 as an idiot and in the 1850 Letcher Co KY census HH 147 as Idiotic. Child of Margaret Wright and Unknown;
I. Sidney Unknown met William Bill Luntz/Lunce; Child of William Bill Luntz and Sidney Unknown;
i. William S Wright Luntz (called himself a Wright but father was William Luntz) b 9 Jul 1855 Scott Co VA d 30 Jan 1900; m. Lettisha Lettie Bates; d/o James Bates and Betsy Adams.
2. James Wright b about 1811 Russell Co VA d 15 Sept 1876 Floyd Co KY at 65 years of age buried Spurlock Cemetery, Floyd Co KY m. 11 Sept 1832 to (1) Polly Ingle b about 1811 d about 1842 d/o Henry Engle Sr and Sarah Henson. James Wright m. 17 Mar 1843 Letcher Co KY to (2) Susanah England b about 1825 in VA or NC d after 1880 in Floyd Co KY.
3. John Wright b about 1813 Russell Co VA d after 1880 Letcher Co KY m. before 1838 to Mary Ann Bentley b Sept 1819 d after 1900; d/o Benjamin Bentley and Elizabeth Crase.
4. Hiram Wright b about 1816 VA. m. (1) Susannah Roark b about 1818 KY. Hiram Wright m. 1 Jun 1866 Bath Co KY to (2) Comfort Lawson.
5. Joel Ellis Wright b 7 Jul 1817 Russell Co, VA, d 24 Sept 1879 Letcher Co, KY, buried Payne Gap, Pike Co KY, m. about 1840 to Eliza Agnes Bates b 7 Mar 1819 Russell Co VA d 1 Feb 1892 Letcher Co KY, buried Payne Gap, Pike Co KY, d/o John Wallis Bates and Sarah Waltrip (Walthrop or Waldrop).
6. Elizabeth Wright b about 1818 d after 1860, buried Letcher Co KY m. (1) Richard Hall; s/o Masias Hall and Unisiah Branham Smith. Elizabeth Wright m. (2) 7 Sept 1843 to Henry Quillen b about 1823 KY d 23 Dec 1855 Letcher Co KY; s/o Teague V Quillen and Catherine Quillen.
7. Nancy Ann "Amy" Wright b May 1820 Russell Co VA d 11 Jan 1904 at 83 years of age; buried Johnson Cemetery, Speight, KY; m. 18 Jun 1840 Pike Co KY to Frederick Nelson Fleming b about 1820 Floyd Co KY d 1878 Letcher Co KY; at 58 years of age; s/o Robert Fleming and Elizabeth "Betty" Stambaugh.
8. Samuel W Wright b 22 June 1822 Russell Co VA d 10 Oct 1906 Beefhide, KY; at 84 years of age; buried Samuel Wright Cemetery, Beefhide, KY; m. (1) about 1841 to Elizabeth Adams b about 1822 KY; d/o William Adams and Christina Crase. Samuel W Wright m. 15 Aug 1872 Letcher Co KY (2) to Margaret S Addington b Oct 1850 d/o William Addington and Nancy Kilgore.
9. George Wright b about 1825 Perry Co KY d 6 Dec 1890 Letcher Co KY, buried Potter's Fork, Letcher Co KY m. 22 Feb 1855 Letcher Co KY to Mary "Pop" Potter b Apr 1836 KY d after 1910, buried Potter's Fork, Letcher Co KY; d/o Isaac Potter and Mary Polly Houston.
10. Susannah Susan Wright b 15 Oct 1826 d 13 Jan 1915; never married; buried Meade Cemetery, Appletree Branch, Rockhouse, KY.
11. Andrew Jackson Wright b about 1827 Perry Co KY d 13 Nov 1878 Letcher Co KY; m. 13 June 1843 in Perry Co KY to Harriet Adams b about 1830 KY d after 1880 Letcher Co KY; d/o William Adams and Christina Crase.
12. William Wright b about 1827 McRoberts, Perry Co, (now Letcher) KY; m. 25 Jan 1855 Letcher Co KY to Nancy Hughes b 1837 Perry Co KY; d/o John Hughes and Matilda Bentley. (See 1860 Letcher Co KY Census HH 128-128 which shows William's sisters, Margaret and Susannah along with their children, living with William Wright and his wife, Nancy Hughes. Margaret's daughter, Sidney's son, William S Luntz is in this household, about 5 years of age in this census.)