Andrew J Bentley
and Mary Evelyn Burke
Andrew Jackson Bentley b 2 Oct 1901 Etty, Pike Co KY d 15 Mar 1975 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; s/o Robert Bentley and Millie Jane Toose Johnson. Andrew Jackson Bentley m. 23 Mar 1922 to Marilyn Evelyn Burke d 1940; d/o George Washington Burke and Rebecca Ann Johnson. Children of Andrew J Bentley and Marilyn Evelyn Burke;
1. Hazel Mae Bentley b 1923 KY; m. Arsley Johnson; s/o Winfield Scott Johnson and Dilla Little. Arsley Johnson m. (1) Viola Ola Johnson; d/o Lorenzo Dow Johnson and Elizabeth Lizzie Collier.
2. Barbara Ellen Bentley b 1925 KY; m. Robert Lee Strange Jr b 16 Mar 1927;
s/o Robert Lee Strange Sr and Winnie Mullins.
3. William Thomas Bentley b 1926 KY; m. Bonnie J Mullins b 1931 KY; d/o Francis Marion Mullins and Louanza Elkins.
4. Douglas Fairbanks Banks Bentley b 25 Aug 1927 Eddy, KY d Saturday, 6 Mar 1993 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; age 65 years, 6 months and 11 days; occupation, coal miner; m. 11 Apr 1951 Neon, Letcher Co KY to Betty Jane Mullins b 28 Oct 1934 Myra, Pike Co KY d 30 Oct 2012; age 78; Letcher Co KY; buried Green Acres Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; Findagrave 156577481; d/o Francis Marion Mullins and Louanza Elkins.
5. Janie Bentley b 1929 KY; m. (1) Junior Hall. Janie Bentley m. (2) Male Yarber
6. Annie Bentley b 1929 KY; m. Lonzo Elkins.
Andrew Jackson Bentley
and Ollie Mae Hall
Andrew J Bentley b 2 Oct 1901 Etty Pike Co KY d 15 Mar 1975 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; s/o Robert Bentley and Millie Jane Toose Johnson. Child of Andrew J Bentley and Ollie Mae Hall;
1. Dema Rhodelma Bentley b 23 Sept 1952 d Friday, 23 Jan 1998 Whitesburg Appalachian Regional Hospital, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; age 45 years 4 months; buried Green Acres Memorial Park, Ermine, KY; m. Jimmy Holcomb.
2. Dorothy Bentley; m. Male Robinson
3. Dean Fields (listed in obituary. unknown parents).
1930 Pike Co KY Census District 2 ED 9
184 187 Bentley Andrew Head M W 28 M 20 KY KY KY Laborer Truck Farm
184 187 Bentley Marlin Wife F W 27 M 19 KY KY KY
184 187 Bentley Hazel Daughter F W 7 S KY KY KY
184 187 Bentley Barbra Daughter F W 5 S KY KY KY
184 187 Bentley William T Son M W 3 10/12 S KY KY KY
184 187 Bentley Duglas F Son M W 2 7/12 S KY KY KY
184 187 Bentley Annie Daughter F W 11/12 S KY KY KY
184 187 Bentley Jannie Daughter F W 11/12 S KY KY KY
185 188 Mullins Fairbanks Head M W 25 M 18 KY KY KY Farmer Truck Farm
185 188 Mullins Verna Wife F W 23 M 16 KY KY KY
185 188 Mullins Morgan Son M W 5 S KY KY KY
185 188 Mullins Eugine Daughter F W 2 9/12 S KY KY KY
185 188 Mullins Lavon Daughter F W 6/12 S KY KY KY
186 189 Bentley Robert Head M W 55 M 20 KY KY KY Farmer Truck Farm
186 189 Bentley Millie J Wife F W 52 M 17 KY KY KY
186 189 Bentley Didema Daughter F W 21 S KY KY KY
186 189 Bentley Noah Son M W 16 S KY KY KY
186 189 Bentley Daniel Son M W 12 S KY KY KY
1940 Pike Co KY Census District 2
203 Bentley Andrew Head M W 38 M KY Miner Coal Mines
203 Bentley Maryland E Wife F W 37 M KY
203 Bentley Hazel Mae daughter F W 17 S KY
203 Bentley Barbara E daughter F W 15 S KY
203 Bentley William Thomas son M W 14 S KY
203 Bentley Douglas F son M W 13 S KY
203 Bentley Annie daughter F W 11 S KY
203 Bentley Janie daughter F W 11 S KY
Obituary: Dema R Halcomb
23 Sept 1952 - 23 Jan 1998
Dema R. Halcomb, daughter of the late Andrew J. and Ollie Mae Hall Bentley, was born in Letcher County on September 23, 1952. She died Friday, January 23, 1998 at the Whitesburg Appalachian Regional Hospital, being 45 years and 4 months of age at the time of her death. Dema was affiliated with the Letcher Independent Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by a brother, Banks Bentley and by three sisters: Annie, Janie and Nellie.
Survivors include her husband, Jimmy Halcomb of Isom (KY); two brothers; William T. Bentley of Pulaski, Kentucky; and Dean Fields of Jackhorn (KY); three sisters; Hazel Johnson of Pike County, Kentucky; Dorothy Robinson of Indiana and Barbara Strange; along with many other relatives and friends. Funeral services for Dema R. Halcomb were conducted from the Chapel of the Letcher Funeral Home in Whitesburg, Kentucky on Sunday, January 25, 1998 at 11 a.m.
The officiating minister was Bill Jones while family members and friends served as pallbearers. Entombment took place in the Green Acres Memorial Park at Ermine, Kentucky. Everidge Funeral Home of Whitesburg, Kentucky was in charge of the arrangements.