Jeptha Johnson b 5 Jan 1849 VA Pike Co KY d 1 Feb 1922; s/o
Pleasant Johnson and Anna Burke. Jeptha Johnson m. 4 May 1873 Pike Co KY to
Nancy Burke b 1856 Pike Co KY; d/o Bailey Burke and Susannah Hall
(aka Gray). Nancy Burke's mother was
thought to be part Indian, and Brenda Mullins in her "Johnson Kinfolk" booklet,
says Nancy was raised by her Grandfather, after her mother's death, because he
didn't approve of his daughter-in-law's family. (Source;
Organization Note: Link No Longer Works - Ellen Carper -
firstname.lastname@example.org). Children of Jeptha Johnson and Nancy Burke;
1. Victoria "Tory" Johnson b 14 Oct 1874 Pike Co KY d 17 Feb 1963 Pike Co KY; m. William Burke b 1876 Pike
Co KY d 1935; s/o Jarvis "Jarvey" Burke
and Elizabeth Johnson.
2. Susannah "Susan" Johnson
b 1876 d 19 Mar 1952 Pike Co KY; (Susan was blind); m. about 1900 to Will Hall. Susannah "Susan" Johnson m. to (2) Joel Wright b 1872 d 20 Dec 1921 Pike Co KY; s/o
Devil John Wright and Martha Mattie Humphrey.
3. Sherman Johnson b 1877 killed in coal mines; m. Mary Johnson b Mar 1882; d/o Solomon Johnson and Mahala "Haley" Branham. Children of Sherman Johnson and Mary Johnson;
i. Melissa Johnson
ii. Farris Johnson d at a young age.
4. Winfield Scott Johnson b 16 May 1880 Pike Co KY d 8 Jun 1955 Pike Co KY; buried Johnson Cemetery, Pike Co KY; m. 23 Apr 1903 to Delilah "Dilla" Little b 15 Mar 1888 d 29 Aug 1972; buried Johnson Cemetery, Pike Co KY; d/o
Steve Little and Mary Polly Little.
5. Anna Johnson
b 17 Sept 1880; m. Lorenzo Dow Johnson
b 26 Jun 1880; s/o Solomon Johnson and Mahala Branham.
6. Blaine Johnson
b 1884 d killed by a train; m. Matilda Little; d/o Elbert Little. Blaine Johnson m. (2) Unknown.
7. Pleasant "Plez" Johnson b Jun 1887 d about 1935 from heart trouble; m. Lillie Johnson b 1901 d 14 Jul 1988; buried Pleasant Johnson Cemetery, Etty KY; d/o Pharoah Johnson and Emily Johnson.
8. Frankie Johnson b 25 Dec 1888 Pike Co KY d 16 Dec 1987 Somerset, KY; buried
Clearfork Cemetery, Waynesburg, KY; m. 18 Aug 1907 Pike Co KY to
Marion Columbus Greer
b 12 Sept 1885 Johnson Co TN d 20 Jun 1970 Stanford KY; buried Clearfork
Cemetery, Waynesburg, KY; s/o Wilburn Greer and Martha Unknown.
9. Talmage Johnson b 12 Apr 1890 Pike Co KY d 2 Feb 1985 Berea, KY; buried Johnson Family Cemetery, Berea KY; m. 30 Aug 1924 Speight, KY to
Ada Hall b 4 Oct 1908 Pike Co KY d 7 Mar 2001 Mt Vernon KY, d/o
Thomas Hall and Millie Hun Johnson.
10. Ashley Johnson b 4 Mar 1891 Long Fork - Speight, Pike Co KY d 21 Jul 1985 Hemphill, KY; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Letcher Co KY; m. 1 Jul 1921 Pike Co KY to
Thelma Johnson b 21 Jan 1903 Speight Pike Co KY d 25 Jan 1979 Whitesburg ARH, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; buried Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Letcher Co KY; d/o
Lorenzo Dow Johnson and Elizabeth "Lizzie" Collier.
11. Roosevelt Johnson
12. Mack Garvie Johnson 25 Feb 1892 Speight Pike Co KY d 10 Jun 1978; m.
Verna Hall b 1910 d 23
Apr 1931; buried Potter Cemetery, Jackhorn KY; d/o Cooney Hall and Minerva Webb.
Mack Garvie Johnson m. Roxanne Sexton.