Charles Theodore Kidwell
and Pansy Marie Showalter
Charles Theodore Kidwell b 1902 VA d 28 Aug 1983 Fauquier Co VA; buried Marshall Cemetery, Marshall, Fauquier Co VA; s/o Thomas Norman Kidwell and Rosetta Lightfoot. Charles Theodore Kidwell m. 3 Aug 1929 Fauquier VA to Meta Frances Kirkpatrick b 1906 d 12 Dec 1935; buried Marshall Cemetery, Marshall, Fauquier Co VA; (d/o James Ashby Kirkpatrick and Lillie Cahterine Kerns). Charles Theodore Kidwell m. Pansy Marie Showalter b 1916 VA; d/o William G Showalter and Annie Belle Unknown. Children of Charles Theodore Kidwell and Pansy Marie Showalter;
1. Lena Maria Kidwell b 23 Jan 1932 Fairfax VA d 31 Oct 2015; buried Warrenton Cemetery, Warrenton, Fauquier Co VA; m. 25 Jun 1949 Warrenton, Fauquier Co VA to Ralph Edward Leach b 30 Dec 1923 Flint Hill VA d 26 May 1983; buried Warrenton Cemetery, Warrenton, Fauquier Co VA; s/o Ephriam P Leach and Elizabeth Ida Bessie Furr. (I believe this person, Lena Marie Kidwell, is possibly the only child of Charles Theodore Kidwell and 1st wife, Meta Frances Kirkpatrick who died young in 1935). The following children beginning with the #2 child must belong to the 2nd wife, Pansy Marie Showalter. Children of Ralph Edward Leach and Lena Maria Kidwell; i. Linda Leach b Feb 1950 ii. Mary Leach; m. Larry Jenkins. Children of Larry Jenkins and Mary Leach; I. Jamie E. Jenkins II. James E. Jenkins.
2. William J Kidwell b 1939 Washington DC
3. Rosetta A. Kidwell b 1940 MD; m. Male Harris
4. Eugene Norman Kidwell b 1942 Washington DC
5. Ruby Mae Kidwell b 23 Jul 1943 MD d 29 May 2009; buried Miles City, Custer Co MT; died as a result of injuries received in an auto accident; m. 12 May 1979 Clintwood, VA to Fred Lee Potter (aka Webb or Holloway) b 15 Nov 1918 KY d Oct 23 1988 Shelby Gap KY; buried Reynolds Family Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; s/o Creed Flannery Potter and Sarah Rose Robinson. Ruby M. Kidwell m. (2) Ralph Potter Jr. b abt 1949; s/o Ralph Potter and Macie Austin.
6. Ethel F. Kidwell b 1945 MD
7. Robert Willis Kidwell Sr. b 24 Aug 1946 MD d 22 Aug 2020; buried Catoosa Memorial Gardens, Boynton Dr., Ringgold GA; m. abt 1967 to Linda Janie Powell. Children of Robert Willis Kidwell Sr. and Linda Janie Powell; i. Kimberly Kidwell; m. Steve Johnson ii. Robert Kidwell; m. Maureen Unknown iii. Jamison Kidwell Sr.; m. Donelle Unknown iv. Melissa Kidwell; m. Jason Green
8. Louise Marie Kidwell b 1948 Dickerson MD; m. 12 Dec 1965 Alexandria, Frederick Co VA to Dallen Elwood Mauck b abt 1941 Winchester VA; s/o Elwood Marcus Mauck and Ruth E Hilbert.
9. Mary E. Kidwell b 1949 VA
10. Shirley J. Kidwell b 15 May 1950 VA
11. Nancy Kidwell b 18 Oct 1955 MD d 13 May 2022; m. Male Salem
12. Richard S Kidwell b 29 Jun 1953 d 3 Oct 1953; buried Mt Hebron Cemetery, Winchester, VA
Obituary: Robert Willis Kidwell Sr.
24 Aug 1946 - 22 Aug 2020
Robert Willis Kidwell Sr., 73, of Ringgold, Georgia passed away Saturday, August 22, 2020. A resident of the North Georgia Chattanooga area for the past 38 years, he was formerly of Millersville, Maryland.
Robert Willis Kidwell Sr.
He was a dedicated, loving, gentle, and caring husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather, a member of Emanuel Praise Temple in Chattanooga, Tennessee, helped with prison ministry and was active at the Ringgold Senior Center.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Charles Theodore and Pansy Marie Showalter Kidwell; sisters, Shirley Marsh, Ethel Kidwell, Ruby Webb and Lana Leach; and brothers, Richard Kidwell, Bill Kidwell, Eugene Kidwell, and Clarence Kidwell.
He is survived by his loving wife of 53 years, Linda “Janie” Powell Kidwell of Ringgold, GA.; four children, Kimberly (Steve) Johnson of Ringgold, GA., Robert (Maureen) Kidwell Jr., of East Ridge, TN., Jamison (Donelle) Kidwell Sr. of Ringgold, GA., and Melissa (Jason) Green of Ringgold, GA.; four sisters, Rosetta Harris of Lyndhurst, VA., Louise Mauck of Lusby, MD., Mary Kidwell of Sharpsburg, MD., and Nancy Salem of Omro, WI.; two brothers, Ernest Kidwell of Miles City, MT., and Charles Kidwell of Warrington, VA.; fourteen grandchildren, Ashley, Brandi, Elizabeth, Robert, Christian, Jade, Jaime, Jamison, Genesis, Jake, Myka, Jeremiah, Trevor and Evan who was also his best friend; eight great grandchildren, Eryn, Judah, Hunter, Charleigh, Knox, Azalee, Josiah and Matthew; several nieces, nephews and many friends, especially Kimberly, Robert Jr., Jamie and Melissa.
He was an avid deer watcher, loved watching wrestling with his best friend Evan and was a big jokester but watch out for that cane.
Funeral services will be held 2:00 P.M. Thursday, August 27, 2020 in the funeral home chapel with Pastor Tim Inman officiating.
Interment will follow at Catoosa Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends 4-8 P.M. Wednesday and 9 A.M. until funeral time Thursday at the funeral home. Arrangements are by Wilson Funeral Home Wallis-Stewart Chapel Ringgold, Georgia.
Obituary: Ruby Mae Kidwell
23 Jul 1943 - 29 May 2009
In memory of Ruby Kidwell Webb Potter. Visitation: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at Stevenson and Sons Funeral Home in Miles City MT. Funeral services: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 2:00 pm at Stevenson and Sons Funeral Home in Miles City, MT. Interment will follow in the Eastern Montana Veterans Cemetery, Miles City, MT.
Ruby Mae Kidwell (Webb) Potter
Ruby Mae Kidwell Webb Potter, age 65, of Miles City, Montana passed away on May 29, 2009 at St. Vincent's Hospital in Billing, MT with her family by her side.
Ruby was born on July 23, 1943 in Baltimore, MD the daughter of Charles and Pansey (Showalter) Kidwell. She attended schools in Baltimore MD. Ruby went to work for Proctor and Gamble. She married Fred Webb in Wise, VA and they made their home in Shelby, KY until his passing in 1988. After meeting Ralph Potter in 1989, Ralph and Ruby moved to Miles City where they have made their home since.
Ruby was a child care provider for DEAP off and on for the last 10 years. She loved horseback riding, playing softball, old time country music and walking and riding motorcycles with Ralph.
Ruby is survived by her husband Ralph W. Potter Jr., of Miles City, sons Archie Jean Webb of Miles City, David Potter of IL., three daughters Sharon Mercardo of Billings, MT, Emily Potter of Miles City and Melinda Potter of Mt. Vernon, IL., three brothers Charlie Kidwell of Virginia, Robert Kidwell of TN, and Ernist Kidwell of Montana, six sisters; Mary Kidwell of WI, Shirley Marsh of MD, Nancy Salem of WI, Lena Leach of WI, Rosetta Harris of VA and Louise Mauck of MD. She is also survived by thirteen grandchildren; Frank Jr. Sonja and Florindo, Tyler, David, Blade, Austin, Lauren and Daven, Adam, Bryan Austin and Athena.
Visitation will be held on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home in Miles City. Funeral Services will be held on Monday, June 1, 2009 at 2:00 pm at Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home in Miles City. Interment will follow in the Eastern Montana Veterans Cemetery in Miles City. Condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.stevensonandsons.com.
Should friends desire, memorials may be made to the charity of one's choice. Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home of Miles City has been entrusted with the arrangements.