and Hester Whitaker
Benjamin McIntyre b 11 Nov 1880 d 12 Oct 1939 KY of suicide killed himself by shooting in the family general store; s/o William McIntyre and Diannah Combs. Benjamin McIntyre m. 19 Jan 1906 KY to Hester Whitaker b 25 Dec 1884 KY d 18 Oct 1955 Letcher Co KY; d/o Richmond B Whitaker and Mary Stamper. Children of Benjamin McIntyre and Hester Whitaker;
1. Denver McIntyre b 10 Mar 1907 KY d Nov 1982 Butler Co OH; m. abt 1929 to Lucille Unknown. Denver McIntyre m. Beulah Grace Craft b 14 Jul 1911 Middletown, Butler Co OH d 17 Feb 1999 Middletown, Butler Co OH.
2. Virgie McIntyre (twin) b 10 Jul 1908 d 29 Jul 1908
3. Margie McIntyre (twin) b 10 Jul 1908 d 10 Jul 1908
4. Homer Taylor McIntyre b 28 Jul 1909 KY d 19 May 1980 Rye, Liberty Co TX of suicide by shotgun; killed himself on steps of home in Rye Texas; buried dForest Park East Cemetery, Webster, Harris Co KY; m. Minnie Fuller b 8 Jan 1914 d 29 May 1987 Houston, Harris Co TX; buried Forest Park East Cemetery, Webster, Harris Co KY; d/o Green Fuller and Leona Smith.
5. Hazel McIntyre (m) b 13 May 1911 d 28 May 1994 Hamilton, Butler Co OH; m. 25 Dec 1935 Reba Orlena Kennedy b 9 Jun 1915 Nasbie, Dickenson Co VA; d/o Walter Matthew Kennedy and Mary Magdaline Powers.
6. Campbell Bascom McIntyre b 18 Feb 1913 KY; m. Lois Covington b 10 Jan 1913 d 12 May 1994 Letcher Co KY
7. Laxton McIntyre b 26 Dec 1914 KY d 23 Jan 1990; m. Rose Unknown b 8 Jan 1915 Massachusetts d 21 Jan 1981 Middletown, Butler Co OH
8. Unnamed McIntyre b 14 Nov 1916 KY d 18 Nov 1916 KY
9. Robert Lee McIntyre b 29 Nov 1917 KY d 23 Nov 1993 Middletown, Butler Co OH; m. Flossie V Unknown b about 1918 d 2 Feb 1974 Franklin Co OH
10. Edwin McIntyre b 28 Oct 1919 KY d 27 Jan 1997; m. Lonnie Unknown.
11. Marguerite McIntyre b 16 Mar 1924 KY d 5 Jan 1983; m. Ben Newsome
12. Geneva McIntyre b 19 Apr 1926 KY d 13 Jun 2006 Hazard, Perry Co KY; buried Mountain Memory Gardens, Hindman, Knott Co KY; m. Raymond Combs. Children of Raymond Combs and Geneva McIntyre; i. Randy Combs ii. Ray Combs; m. Willa Unknown.
13. Bascom McIntyre
and Granville Ison
Hester Whitaker b 25 Dec 1884 KY d 18 Oct 1955 Letcher Co KY; d/o Richmond B Whitaker and Mary Stamper. Hester Whitaker m. (1) to Granville Ison b 15 Feb 1877 KY. Child of Granville Ison and Hester Whitaker;
1. Arlie Ison (f) b 24 Mar 1904 d 25 Oct 1993; m. Basil Hall.
Obituary of Geneva McIntyre Combs
Geneva McIntyre Combs, age 80, of Pippa Passes, Kentucky, died Tuesday, June 13, 2006, at Hazard ARMC, Hazard, Kentucky. She was born in Letcher, Kentucky on April 17, 1926, the daughter of Ben and Hester Whitaker McIntyre. She was preceded in death by two sisters and six brothers. She is survived by her husband: Raymond Combs; two sons: Ray (Willa) Combs of Lexington and Randy Combs of Carrie; one brother: Bascom McIntyre of Letcher, Kentucky; four granddaughters: Tracey Combs, Jessica Combs, Amanda Combs and Cynthia Reynolds; two great grandchildren: Nicholas Reynolds and Kierston Pratt; host of nieces and nephews. Funeral services were conducted Thursday, June 15, 1 p.m., at the Hindman Funeral Services Chapel, Hindman, Kentucky, with Ronnie Combs, Bob Whitaker, Bordis Slone and Clarren Williams officiating. Burial followed in the Mountain Memory Gardens, Hindman, Kentucky, under the direction of Hindman Funeral Services. Sign the guest book at www.hindmanfuneralservices.com.
More About Benjamin McIntyre
Benjamin McIntyre shot and killed himself in the family general store. It is said that Laxton and Homer McIntyre, his sons, found him. Benjamin McIntyre was educated in the Bryant and Stratton Business College at Louisville, Kentucky. He worked in his father's store in Letcher Co KY until he married. Also, Benjamin McIntyre was a foreman on railway construction and associated with the opening of the mines of the Marian Coal Company, Blackey, KY. He then became superintendent and a stockholder of the Eden Coal Company in Blackey, Kentucky. Benjamin McIntyre was a republican and also served 1 year as office deputy under Sheriff Crawford. Benjamin donated 16 acres of valuable land for the campus of the Stuart Robinson School, (now known as Calvary Campus) at Blackey, Kentucky, where his son Hazel McIntyre and Hazel's wife Reba Orlena Kennedy were employed.