Victor Vick Potter
and Myrtle Strange
Victor Vick Potter b 27 Apr 1922 d 25 Nov 2007; s/o Clabe Potter and Braskie Hall. Victor Vick Potter m. 13 Oct 1941 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY to Myrtle Strange b 27 Feb 1920 Knott Co Ky d 26 Nov 2010 Jackhorn, Letcher Co KY; buried Potter Family Cemetery, Jackhorn, KY; d/o Robert Lee "Bob" Strange and Winnie "Winn" Mullins. Children of Victor Vick Potter and Myrtle Strange;
Victor Vick Potter 1922 - 2007
L-R Back: Louise, Winn Mullins Strange, Myrtle Strange Potter, Emma Strange Miller, and Vickie Potter. Front L-R: Paul Potter and Bernette Breeding Photo Marked June 1957
1. Braskie Louise Potter b 28 May 1942 d 4 Aug 1984; m. 12 May 1961 to Larry Newman; s/o George C Newman and Audrey Jenkins. Children of Larry Newman and Braskie Louise Potter;
I. Larry Newman Jr b 3 Mar 1962.
II. Arvid Vincent "Sam" Newman b 11 June 1963 d 18 Nov 1982.
III. Paul Eric Newman 22 Jun 1966
IV. Brandon Andrew Newman b 17 Jun 1972 d 8 Nov 1999. Children of Brandon Andrew Newman and Unknown; i. Kalyn Louise Newman b 24 Aug ii. Caleb Newman b 19 Apr
2. Vickie Potter b 31 Jul 1943. Vickie has taken care of her parents her whole lifetime and never married.
3. Betsy Potter (twin to Patsy) b 28 Jun 1948; 7 Apr 1965 (divorced) to William Eugene French; s/o Bill French and Alma Balthis. Betsy Potter m. (2) to Charles Krause. Children of Betsy Potter and William Eugene French; i. Kimberly Denise French
4. Patsy Potter (twin to Betsy) b 28 Jun 1948; m. 30 Nov 1964 (divorced) to Harold Edward Balthis; s/o Edgar Allen Balthis and Julia Belcher. Patsy Potter m. (2) to Bill Watts. Children of Harold Edward Balthis and Patsy Potter;
I. Harold Anthony Balthis b 15 Dec 1965
II. Timothy Wayne Balthis
III. Victor Allen Balthis b 3 Feb 1975; m. Stephanie Balthis. Child of Victor Allen Balthis and Stephanie Balthis; i. Hunter Allen Christopher Balthis b 23 Feb 2005.
5. Paul Douglas Potter b 23 Jul 1946; m. (divorced) Bernice Reynolds b 9 Jun 1940. Paul Douglas Potter m. Sonja Unknown. Child of Paul Douglas Potter and Bernice Reynolds;
I. Eric Douglas Potter b 24 Oct 1982.
6. Patricia Ann Potter b 13 Jul 1954 Fleming-Neon, Letcher Co KY d 20 Mar 2019 Ozark Arkansas; m. Larry Junior Medlock b 3 Jan 1948 d 15 May 2014 Fort Smith Arkansas; age 66; s/o Gomer Laverne Medlock and Sue Jane Statham. Children of Larry Junior Medlock and Patricia Ann Potter;
I. Bo Douglas Potter Medlock b 18 Nov 1977; m. Lena Luman.
II. Derek Lee Potter Medlock b 26 Jul 1980.
Obituary: Myrtle Strange Potter
27 Feb 1920 - 26 Nov 2010
Services are held for Myrtle Potter - Funeral services for Myrtle Potter, 90, were held November 26 2010 at Carty Funeral Home in Neon. Burial was in the Potter family cemetery. A daughter of the late Robert and Winnie Mullins Strange, she was born in Knott County. She died November 22 2010 at her home at Jackhorn, KY. She was the widow of Victor Potter, the mother of the late Louise Newman, and a grandmother of the late Arvid ‘Sam’ Newman and Brandon Newman, and attended the Hemphill Church of Christ. Surviving are four daughters, Vickie Potter, Jackhorn, Betsy Krause and husband Charles, Schaumburg, Ill., Patsy Watts and husband Bill, Bean Station, Tenn., and Patricia Medlock, Ozark, Ark.; a son, Paul Potter, Jackhorn; 11 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, and a great-great-grandchild; and three sisters, Emma Miller, Jackson, Ohio, Mary Bailey, Harlan, and Ollie Ruzzala, Lavonia, Mich.
Obituary: Larry Junior Medlock
3 Jan 1948 - 15 May 2014
Larry Junior Medlock of Bokoshe, Oklahoma, was born on January 3, 1948,
to Gomer Laverne and Sue Jane (Statham) Medlock in Okmulgee, Oklahoma,
and passed away May 15, 2014, in Fort Smith, Arkansas, at the age of 66.
Larry is survived by
Bo Medlock and wife Lena of Spiro, Oklahoma
Derek Medlock of Arkoma, Oklahoma
Mason Medlock of Spiro, Oklahoma
Larry was preceded in death by his parents; two sisters; Sue Laverne Wright
and Connie Jo Medlock.
He was a member of First Baptist Church of Bokoshe and served as a past Deacon.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Mallory~ Martin
Funeral Home of Spiro, Oklahoma.
The Family will visit with friends and family Sunday from 6:00pm~8:00pm
at Mallory Martin Funeral Home of Spiro, Oklahoma, with memorial services
to be held at a later date.
Larry Junior Medlock|
3 Jan 1948 - 15 May 2014
Obituary: Patricia Ann Potter Medlock
13 Jul 1954 - 20 Mar 2019
Lena Medlock, Facebook, 20 Mar 2019, 8:42 P.M. -- Today the world lost an amazing mom, nana, sister, aunt and friend. She has been my second mom for just shy of 25 years. She was definitely one in a million and could never be replaced. I am posting her obituary below.
Patricia Ann Trish Potter Medlock|
13 Jul 1954 - 20 Mar 2019
A much adored mother, nana, daughter and sister, Patricia Ann Medlock, 64, of Ozark, Arkansas, passed away peacefully in her home on March 20, 2019, with her family present. She had confronted and bravely fought cancer for the past five years.
Trish was born on July 13, 1954, in Fleming-Neon, Kentucky. She was raised as the baby sister in "Potter Holler", with four older sisters and one older brother who all spoiled her from day one. She was loved by many, was the life of the party, and never met a stranger.
She is survived by her partner in life and best friend, Tim Gross, of Ozark; son Bo Medlock and wife Lena of Spiro, OK; son Derek Medlock of Arkoma, OK; grandson and pride and joy Mason Medlock of Spiro; sisters Victoria Potter of Jackhorn, KY, Betsy Krause and husband Chuck of Schaumburg, IL; Patsy Watts of Bean Station, TN; brother Paul Potter and wife Sonja of Jackhorn, KY; as well as a host of nephews, an ornery niece, and numerous great nieces and nephews.
Trish is preceded in death by her father and mother, Victor and Myrtle Potter, and a sister, Louise Potter Newman.