William M Wid Johnson
and Lettie Jane Craft
William M "Wid" Johnson b 11 Dec 1877 d 11 Aug 1944; s/o Caleb Johnson and Mahala Justice. William M "Wid" Johnson m. abt 1897 to Lettie Jane Craft b 17 Mar 1877 Letcher Co KY d 1937; d/o Benjamin Washington Craft and Henrietta Adams. Children of William M Wid Johnson and Lettie Jane Craft;
1. Benjamin M Johnson b 22 Jan 1898 Letcher Co KY
2. McConnell Johnson b 14 Oct 1900 Letcher Co KY d 30 May 1934 Letcher Co KY
3. Victoria Johnson b abt 1904 Letcher Co KY
4. Luther M Johnson b abt 1906 Letcher Co KY. Applied for a retail package liquor license for a store to be located in the Henry Combs Building, in the building "now occupied by the shooting gallery", on Main Street, near the Passmore Drug Store in the City of Whitesburg, Ky. This notice is published in compliance with the State Alcoholic Beverage Control Act of the State of Kentucky on 28 May 1941.
5. McCoy Coy Johnson b 4 Dec 1908 Letcher Co KY d 14 Jan 1932 Letcher Co KY; m. Ida Fuller b 1912 d 2007; d/o Green Fuller and Leona Smith. Child of McCoy Coy Johnson and Ida Fuller;
i. Billie Joyce Johnson b 8 Dec 1931.
Ida Fuller m. Creed Flannery Potter b 1902 d 1957; s/o Joel Martin Potter and Eliza Frances Reynolds.
Obituary of McCoy Coy Johnson
Mt Eagle News, Whitesburg, Ky., 14 Jan 1932 Page 1:
Young Man Dies. Tuesday night, at the home of his mother, Mrs. Lettie Jane Johnson, at Millstone, Coy Johnson, 23, youngest one of the family, passed away. He had been in the poorest kind of health for sometime but it is reported that his death resulted from a sudden attack of pneumonia. Coy was a son of Mr. and Mrs. Wid Johnson, well known and well connected citizens of Millstone. His mother was a daughter of the late Ben Craft and a sister to Mrs. Tilden Wright. The deceased leaves one sister, Miss Victoria, and three brothers, Ben, residing at Vicco; Conley and Luther at Millstone. We extend sympathies to all the bereaved relatives and friends.
Obituary of William M "Wid" Johnson
Mt. Eagle Whitesburg, Ky., 17 Aug 1944
William M Johnson was born Dec 11, 1877. He was the son of Caleb and Mahala Johnson. He passed from this life on August 11, 1944 after an illness of two weeks. He was married to Lettie Jane Craft in 1897 and to this union was born five children; Ben and Victoria of Vicco, Ky.; Luther of the U.S. Army and McCoy and Colonel, deceased. "Wid" as he was known to his many friends made his home for the past six years with his son Ben and Mrs. Johnson of Vicco, Ky. He formerly lived at Millstone, Ky. His joshing comments and ever-ready wit made him many friends. He was truly "a friend to his friends when in need." and was always ready and anxious to lend a helping hand. His ever-ready smile and friendly personality will be sadly missed by those who loved and cared for him. Funeral services were held on Sunday, August 13th at 1:00 P. M. at the Craft Funeral Home with Rev. J. S. Robinson, officiating. Burial in the family lot, Thornton Cemetery, Thornton, Letcher Co KY.