Spencer Mullins b 1834 d 27 Mar 1906; buried Lick Fork Cemetery, Lick Fork of Beefhide, KY; s/o John Alexander Alex Mullins and Sara Mullins. Spencer Mullins m. 24 Sept 1853 Beefhide, Pike Co KY to Elizabeth Johnson b 1837 Wautauga Co NC d 25 May 1891 Beefhide, Pike Co KY; d/o James Knox Polk Johnson and Nancy Worrix Warrick. Spencer Mullins served as a Private in Co C of the 39th Kentucky Mounted Infantry Union Army in the Civil War. Children of Spencer Mullins and Elizabeth Johnson;
1. Infant Mullins b 1/8 Aug 1854 Pike Co KY 11 Aug 1854 Pike Co KY
2. Eliza Jane "Liza" Mullins b 24 Jun 1856 Pike Co KY d 20 Nov 1933 Pike Co KY; buried Stiltner Cemetery, Mouth of Lick Fork of Beefhide, KY; m. 28 Aug 1879 Pike Co KY to Francis Marion Mullins b 21 Aug 1860 d 10 Jan 1951; s/o Solomon Mullins and Nancy Matilda Tilda Wilcox.
3. Diana Mullins b 13 Feb 1857 d 3 Feb 1935 age 75; buried Lick Fork Cemetery, Myra, KY; m. 2 Apr 1874 at the home of Spencer Mullins to George Sowards b 27 Mar 1853 d 11 Oct 1930 Pike Co KY; s/o John Wesley Sowards and Elizabeth Unknown.
4. John Alex Mullins b 10 Jun 1859 d 9 Apr 1920 (or d 2 Mar 1920); buried Lick Fork Cemetery, Myra KY; m. Frances Sowards.
5. Elizabeth Mullins b 6 Feb 1861 d 7 May 1897 of fever; m. 6 Feb 1878 to Levi Eli Trivette b 1859. Children of Levi Eli Trivette and Elizabeth Mullins; i. Joseph Trivette ii. Hannan Trivette b 26 Aug 1886 iii. George Trivette b 1880 iv. Tom Trivette
6. Melvina Mullins; m. Jim Wright. Children of Jim Wright and Melvina Mullins; i. Tina Wright b 29 Jul 1883 ii. Bennie Wright b 22 May 1885 iii. Liza Wright b 13 Oct 1891 iv. Florida Wright b 22 Sept 1893 v. Viola Wright b 26 Feb 1896 vi. William Bill Wright b 23 Jun 1900
7. Thomas Jefferson Mullins b 20 Feb 1866 d 3/8 May 1960; m. 27 Dec 1887 to Molly Bertie Remines b 16 Feb 1873 Tazewell Co VA d Jul 1968.
8. James Monroe Mullins b 4 Sep 1869 d 7 Jan 1931 Ironton, OH; buried Hartley KY Long Fork Shelby KY; m. Nancy Belle Johnson b 19 Jul 1877 d 27 Aug 1946 Etty KY; d/o Harvey Johnson and Clarissa Rucker.
9. Mary Belle Mullins b 16 Jul 1872 d 20 Mar 1913; m. 24 Jul 1890 to George Franklin Johnson b 29 Oct 1873 Pike Co KY d 18 Sept 1955 Virgie, Pike Co KY; s/o Benjamin "BF" Johnson and Elizabeth Wright.
10. George Mullins b 1873; m. 26 Dec 1890 to Arminda Johnson
More About Spencer Mullins
Spencer's tombstone does not show the day or the month he was born, only the year. He lived to be 72 years of age and was well known and respected in the neighborhood in which he lived. He lived and died on his farm in the head of Lick Fork of Beefhide Creek, Kentucky. Records show that he and wife, Elizabeth, had nine children, four boys and five girls. Spencer like to take his girls and go to gatherings where he would play the fiddle and the girls would dance. These gatherings were called "play parties." The kind of dancing they did was the old time square dances. "One Mullins Family" mentions Spencer raising his eight sons at the head of Lick Fork, but only five sons are listed.
Spencer Mullins Deeds: From Spencer Mullins to George Mullins for the love and affection I have for my son, George: a tract on Lick Fork of Beefhide Creek, the land I own and now reside on with my son, George. And being all the land I own in Pike County, joining the land of John E. (probably meant John A.) Mullins and the land of Jeff Mulls on the _______, and two mules, both of bay color, about $50 and all my sheep and hogs and all other property of any kind. Signed Spencer Mullins. Deed dated October 18, 1893.
From Spencer Mullins and wife, Elizabeth to John A. Mullins, for $100., a certain tract on Lick Fork, 30 acres. signed by mark by Spencer and Elizabeth