William Henry Reynolds b 28 Feb 1837 Russell Co VA d 8 Dec 1890 Seco, Letcher Co KY; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; s/o Noah Milburn Reynolds Sr 1808 and Mary Chaney Stone. His occupation was brick mason. Military Service, Co K, 39th Kentucky Infantry, Union Army. William Henry Reynolds m. 4 Mar 1859 to Frances Matilda Baker b 23 Apr 1844 d 28 Mar 1927; d/o Henry Baker and Mary Catherine Privett. Children of William Henry Reynolds 1837 and Frances Matilda Baker 1844;
1. Martha Jane Reynolds b 20 Nov 1860 Letcher Co KY d 26 Jun 1950 Neon, Letcher Co KY; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; m. 4 Sept 1880 to Samuel J Kinky Haired Sam Wright b 10 Dec 1859 Letcher Co KY d 7 Aug 1921; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; s/o Joel Ellis Wright and Eliza Agnes Bates.
2. Rebecca Harvel Reynolds b 16 Apr 1862 d 1868 Letcher Co KY at 6 years of age.
3. Noah Milburn Reynolds Jr b 13 Feb 1866 Russell Co VA; m. 31 Dec 1885 to Mary Jane Maggie Sergent. Noah's book Moutain Feuds gives a detailed history of the feud between the Wright / Lunce family and Noah and his brother, John Reynolds and Creed Potter 1882.
4. William Henry Reynolds II b 13 Aug 1868 d 21 Nov 1947; buried Hall Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; m. 14 Feb 1889 Ermine, Letcher Co KY to Mahala Hall b 14 Mar 1871 d 9 Jul 1944; buried Hall Cemetery, Ermine, Letcher Co KY; d/o Thomas Hall and Martha Whitaker.
5. Drucilla Sillar Reynolds b 15 Feb 1872 d 9 Dec 1943; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; m. 23 Oct 1889 to Wilburn Wib B Collier b 2 Jun 1865 d 22 Jan 1961 Letcher Co KY; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; s/o Willie D Collier and Rebecca Meade.
6. Mary Chaney Reynolds b 21 Mar 1875 d 24 Dec 1890; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco, Letcher Co KY; m. John Phillip Wright; s/o John Wesley Devil John Wright and Martha Mattie Humphrey. Mary Chaney Reynolds m. (2) to Tilden McFall.
7. Eliza Frances Reynolds b 16 Dec 1877 Seco, Letcher Co KY d 26 Apr 1975; buried Reynolds Cemetery, Seco KY; m. 6 Oct 1894 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY to Joel Martin Mart Potter b 4 Mar 1875 Letcher Co KY d 20 Apr 1949 Letcher Co KY; buried Potter Family Cemetery, Payne Gap, Letcher Co KY; s/o Abraham Potter and Sarah Sally Wright.
Joel Martin Potter had an affair while he was married to Eliza Frances Reynolds and the object of his affair became pregnant. He went to our grandmother, Eliza Frances Reynolds and asked her for a divorce because his girl friend was also under aged. Naturally our grandmother granted him a divorce. She was left to raise 1 handicapped son and 3 other children on her own. Eliza Frances Reynolds then married to (2) Thomas Davis b about 1863. They are found in the 1910 Letcher Co KY Census, Elkhorn Precinct listed below. Eliza's tombstone lists her as Eliza Davis 1877-1975 Grannie.
8. John Harvey Reynolds b. 29 Nov 1879 d. 26 Aug 1921 VA; m. 16 Jul 1908 to Carrie Addington b 2 Apr 1889 d 7 Feb 1964; d/o Rev Fillmore Addington and Nancy Bentley.
9. Boy Reynolds b Oct 1881
10. Girl Reynolds b Apr 1883
11. Sally Ann Reynolds b 27 Oct 1885 d 26 Sept 1931; m. 25 May 1904 to John "Johnny" Hall b 12 Dec 1874; s/o Thomas Hall and Martha Whitaker. John "Johnny" Hall m. (1) Alice Hall; d/o Lewis Hall and Ann Wright. Alice Hall died in 1922. Johnny Hall m. 20 Aug 1895 to (2) Mollie Wright. Sally Ann Reynolds was his 3rd wife.
Mt Eagle Newspaper, Whitesburg KY, 31 March, 1927
Aged Woman Dies
Mrs. Matilda Reynolds, aged 85, widow of Henry Reynolds died a few days ago. Mrs. Reynolds was an aunt of the late Judge Baker, (Solomon Emory Bud Baker), former well known resident of Whitesburg. She had been for years one of the leading and best known ladies or our county. She leaves a number of sons and daughters among whom are former jailer, Bill Reynolds, Noah M Reynolds of Knott county, Mrs. Martha J Wright, widow of Sam Wright of Neon, Mrs. W. B. Collier, Neon, Mrs. J. A. Hall, of Ermine, Mrs. Sallie Potter, of Neon. These are all among our best known citizens. Aunt Tilda Reynolds will be long remembered for her generous life and deeds.